Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
DLMeyer

Various nozzle sizes for UM3?

Not sure when exactly, but the plan i heard is Q1 2017 for the .8mm nozzle.

For the other sizes i don't know yet, there will also probably be third party companies that will do different core sizes in the future.

Thanks DidierKlein

So if one happened to have a spare print core laying around, one could possibly machine a replacement block for the standard one and incorporate a interchangable nozzle/or fixed nozzle in whichever size you prefer? If you have an AA 0.4 print core, could you modify it to be a AA 0.25 print core?

If you have some machining skills, it is totally doable to modify a print core to be whatever nozzle size you want if you are a bit careful :-)

I know some people have already machined blocks with interchangable nozzles for their own use. It is not unproblematic tough, since these nozzles will sit lower than the original nozzles, you need to use two of them (can not be used with the BB core), and they will be more sensitive to cooling by the print head fans.

Edited by Guest

If you have some machining skills, it is totally doable to modify a print core to be whatever nozzle size you want if you are a bit careful :-)

I know some people have already machined blocks with interchangable nozzles for their own use. It is not unproblematic tough, since these nozzles will sit lower than the original nozzles, you need to use two of them (can not be used with the BB core), and they will be more sensitive to cooling by the print head fans.

True. Anyhow is quite easy to make a small fancap to solve the issue (at least seems easy). Using the same design the white silicon uses, is possible to make a small fancap to cut the air and redirect it to the print. I been trying to get time for that but I'm swapped on to-do-be-do-be-does...

Hello.

Is there any information regarding this ? Even rough estimates ?

(like : not this year !)

In my case it's for the smaller noozle sizes...

Hi, I have the same request!

Ens 2016 I bought the UM3 with the resellers forecast of the 0,25mm nozzle to be released Q1 2017. I'm using the UM3 for technical scale modeling and 0,4mm is simply not precise enough...

Thx!

I'm surprised a reseller told you that.

The 0.25mm nozzle was never mentionned as far as i know. What was announced Q1 2017 was the 0.8mm nozzle.

I don't know if there is any plan at the moment for a 0.25mm nozzle, it's probably in the queue somewhere but i wouldn't expect it this year at least.

If you are in desperate need of a 0.25mm nozzle then you might as well go for the hardcore from 3dsolex