Problem Ultimaker 3

VapeLounge

Posted · Problem Ultimaker 3

Hello guys, you always trouble with my problems, but unfortunately it is only recently that I use the 3D printer. I post these photos to figure out how to fix it. Another thing, when I have to replace the print core 2, often the machine says "contact ultimaker temperature error". thank you all for the support.

15879090_10207716634543497_1471784895_n.thumb.jpg.2b039f76e1d87a9a7d5d9cf9dd1100ef.jpg

15870528_10207716634623499_965580137_n.thumb.jpg.df3e0e9a402199ac1f11ef7153cf85ad.jpg

15879090_10207716634543497_1471784895_n.thumb.jpg.2b039f76e1d87a9a7d5d9cf9dd1100ef.jpg

15870528_10207716634623499_965580137_n.thumb.jpg.df3e0e9a402199ac1f11ef7153cf85ad.jpg

You can receive an error message if you take the Core out when the printer isn't expecting you to. Where are you at on the printer menu when you remove the Core?

It looks like your filament is stopping extruding. What settings are you using? Is there any chance your filament is getting tangled?

Have you done the X/Y axis calibration, or is the front of your print like the model? It seems to me a little bit as the second print core is not your only problem.

Hello. I did the X/y calibration. The model part is the rear and the right side.

Check if you can move any of the x and the y rods. If so, untighten one pulley of that rod and tighten it again so the rod does not move anymore. You may want to look how close to the edge the belts are running over the two pulleys in question and then decide which to move.

Ciao.

Perchè non provi a stampare le prime volte con i profili consigliati, invece che personalizzando (a me sembra anche un pò troppo). Per esempio metti la Normal quality (spessore 0,1) e poi forzi a 0,2 lo spessore (che è tipico del draft).

Sono un novizio anche io, però eviterei questi settaggi.

Col PLA, comunque, ho problemi anche io.

Spero di averti dato qualche idea.

Ciao

Sorry, I don't really understand that I should do.

I very much like to help you, but I don't understand what your (main) problem is.

I see a lot of stringing. Is that your problem? Or is it the shifted layers at the side of your print?

Try to describe your problem please.

I very much like to help you, but I don't understand what your (main) problem is.

I see a lot of stringing. Is that your problem? Or is it the shifted layers at the side of your print?

Try to describe your problem please.

My problem coincides with your description.

* use Ultimaker materials

* use Cura in recommended mode ("Consigliata"), stay away from advanced mode, but use the default quality profiles. If you have altered settings, use "discard all changes" in the quality profiles dropdownbox to go to default settings.

menu.PNG.582716bf432dbc46232d677d29582695.PNG

Print quality should then be very good.

If you have done the above, maybe a video will help in judging what is wrong.

Regarding changing cores - I believe you have to wait until the temperature is below a certain temperature (40C? Also where the fan stops) before changing cores if you don't want that error message but if you get it don't worry - just power cycle the printer.

Regarding the layer shifting - that means you have play somewhere. It happens when the pattern of the print changes which implies it is printing clockwise versus clockwise at those same locations and the play (looseness) aka backlash is causing these layers to stick out. Or in.

I'd start by checking for loose things in your gantry to see what is loose. Check the 4 sliding blocks for cracks. Cracks aren't serious but are they so wide that the rods can slip forward/back/side to side? Check for nozzle being loose or other parts being loose. With the nozzle cold push on the nozzle hard enough to *almost* but not quite move the head. Push it in all 4 directions. Does it move around? Also look at the belts - they should auto-tighten but maybe one is loose? It has to be VERY loose to see the kind of play you see. Like floppy loose.

There is a very small chance it is a temperature issue - if the nozzle is oscillating slowly in temperature by more than 5C you can also get this pattern because hotter nozzles extrude more. This is easy to test during the print - just watch the nozzle temperature readings from the TUNE menu while it's printing. This is unlikely because your part looks too large for an oscillation to be that slow.

Good morning. Thank you all for the advice. As soon as I can do the tests you have advised me and let me know how it went.

* use Ultimaker materials

* use Cura in recommended mode ("Consigliata"), stay away from advanced mode, but use the default quality profiles. If you have altered settings, use "discard all changes" in the quality profiles dropdownbox to go to default settings.

Print quality should then be very good.

If you have done the above, maybe a video will help in judging what is wrong.

Hello. Do you advise me to use the Ultimaker materials because the machine is set to just go with your own?

Hello. Do you advise me to use the Ultimaker materials because the machine is set to just go with your own?

The combination of Cura with all the quality profiles and the UM3 and the Ultimaker materials is thoroughly tested. You will get excellent results in terms of print quality and reliability.

Ultimaker sells an open system, and you can choose to use other filaments. No problem with me, but often that means you have to spend time on optimising print settings and dealing with failed prints, because materials from different suppliers have different properties.

The combination of Cura with all the quality profiles and the UM3 and the Ultimaker materials is thoroughly tested. You will get excellent results in terms of print quality and reliability.

Ultimaker sells an open system, and you can choose to use other filaments. No problem with me, but often that means you have to spend time on optimising print settings and dealing with failed prints, because materials from different suppliers have different properties.

Ok. Thx so much.

I agree with tom nagel but I usually buy filaments from other suppliers. I really like colorfabb ngen so far (have only printed maybe 10 meters and 10 prints). And colorfabb pla/pha is great. Don't get cheap chinese filaments unless you care more about functionality than how it looks and don't care about strength, brittleness.

Ok bro thx.

Ciao.

Perchè non provi a stampare le prime volte con i profili consigliati, invece che personalizzando (a me sembra anche un pò troppo). Per esempio metti la Normal quality (spessore 0,1) e poi forzi a 0,2 lo spessore (che è tipico del draft).

Sono un novizio anche io, però eviterei questi settaggi.

Col PLA, comunque, ho problemi anche io.

Spero di averti dato qualche idea.

Ciao

Provo a fare come consigli. Grazie.

Hi friend. I checked the straps, one was slightly slow. I tried to pull it, it works, but then you loose the belt of the opposite side. So I don't understand where I'm wrong.

I don't think you need to tighten the straps. You just need to tighten the pulleys. The pulleys are not supposed to rotate on their shafts - they are supposed to be attached to the shaft. There is a small screw to connect them together. If that screw isn't tight enough then the pulley slips a tiny amount and can cause "layer shifting".

I'm not sure that you even have layer shifting. There is no photo above that shows layer shifting. It usually looks like this. Actually I should have you just read this:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#shifted

It's for the um2 but the pulleys are identical between um2 and um3.

I don't think you need to tighten the straps. You just need to tighten the pulleys. The pulleys are not supposed to rotate on their shafts - they are supposed to be attached to the shaft. There is a small screw to connect them together. If that screw isn't tight enough then the pulley slips a tiny amount and can cause "layer shifting".

I'm not sure that you even have layer shifting. There is no photo above that shows layer shifting. It usually looks like this. Actually I should have you just read this:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#shifted

It's for the um2 but the pulleys are identical between um2 and um3.

Thx bro.