Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
bens

Ultimaker 3 app not in USA iOS app store?

Tried searching from within the app store for Ultimaker and no relevant results appear. So I clicked the link at ultimaker.com/app from my phone. This opens up the app store where it says "Item Not Available: The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

What's going on? I was really looking forward to using the app. Will it be back in the store soon?

No matter. It hasn't worked properly on my Samsung S8 for months anyway. When I connect to it I can see the camera view of the build plate with a message saying Already authorized, but when I touch the Connect to this Ultimaker 3, I get "The printer is not connected, make sure the device and the printer are connected to the same network, blah, blah, blah, please try again".

I've posted requests for a fix several times, but never received any sort of positive response.

Seems it's been abandoned . . . So sad.:(

No matter.  It hasn't worked properly on my Samsung S8 for months anyway.  When I connect to it I can see the camera view of the build plate with a message saying Already authorized, but when I touch the Connect to this Ultimaker 3, I get "The printer is not connected,  make sure the device and the printer are connected to the same network, blah, blah, blah, please try again".

I've posted requests for a fix several times, but never received any sort of positive response.

Seems it's been abandoned . . .  So sad.:(

If all you need is access to the camera than just use the below format for the IP of your machine and add:

Your_machine_ip:8080/?action=snapshot

or

Your_machine_ip:8080/?action=stream

You can read all about the configuration of the UM3 with the 6-day thread that David Braam hosted some time ago:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/23254-inside-the-ultimaker-3-day-1-gcode

No matter.  It hasn't worked properly on my Samsung S8 for months anyway.  When I connect to it I can see the camera view of the build plate with a message saying Already authorized, but when I touch the Connect to this Ultimaker 3, I get "The printer is not connected,  make sure the device and the printer are connected to the same network, blah, blah, blah, please try again".

Seems it's been abandoned . . .  So sad.:(

If all you need is access to the camera than just use the below format for the IP of your machine and add:

Your_machine_ip:8080/?action=snapshot

or

Your_machine_ip:8080/?action=stream

You can read all about the configuration of the UM3 with the 6-day thread that David Braam hosted some time ago:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/23254-inside-the-ultimaker-3-day-1-gcode

I'm well aware of the "Your_machine_ip:8080/?action=stream" work around. The mobile app was originally designed to allow not just viewing, but also control, much like when viewing from within Cura during a print job.

• Like 1