Cura not switching to .8 printcores

nmsr1196

Posted · Cura not switching to .8 printcores

I switched out both .4 printcores to .8 printcores.

But in Cura it does not switch to .8 printcores. When I click on the printcore2 tab I see 'Automatic BB0.8' and BB0.4. When I select the Automatic BB0.8, it stays on BB 0.4.

I can't get it to switch to the new installed core BB0.8.

Any ideas.

(This is a new UM3).

Could you remove & re-add the machine? I see some issues in the log that should be fixed by doing that.

Could you also remove your logs? They are quite big now, so for the next time it's a bit easier if you only have the latest :)

I think this may be related, but it's not recognizing the nfc spool of UM pva. I select pva it doesn't like it. I select um natural pva and it doesn't like it.

I'm at a loss.

Is there a trick to getting the nfc spool to get recognized. Also, I deleted the log, deleted the printer out of Cura. Then restored, it does the same thing. I even powered off the UM3 and repeated a few times. Still the same.

Go to System->Maintenance->Diagnostics menu in the printer. There are two NFC checks. The first one checks if the NFC hardware is present, the second one reads the tags of the spools (id + material type per printcore).

Yes, the printer sees that the NFC is present.

And it labels each of the spools of material correctly. 1-PLA and 2-Natural PVA. Yesterday, I did a factory reset on the printer and put the AA/BB .4 back in.

And I did a calibrate. It (Cura) recognizes the .4 AA and BB .4.

I will try the .8 AA and BB tomorrow.

I have'nt replaced the 0.4 printcores yet because I'm getting the following error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpamx6p2wbpeeb3/UM3_Error.tiff?dl=0

I replaced the AA/BB .4 with the AA/BB .8 and I get the same results. The UM3 recognized both AA/BB .8 printcores.

I'm at a lost.

I meant that last sentence to be the UM3 did not recognize the AA/BB .8 printcores.

I upgraded the firmware to stable version 3.7.7.20170627. I changed the AA printcore to AA/0.8. The same action occurs. The selection stays at AA/0.4 and does not switch to AA/0.8.

I upgraded to the test firmware, and I have the same results.

Could you clear out your log files (delete them), try again and send me those logs?

I meant that last sentence to be the UM3 did not recognize the AA/BB .8 printcores.

...but this means that there's something wrong with the printcores and not with Cura.

If the printcore itself - (and the printer as a consequence of this) is reporting the wrong size, how should Cura be able to correct this?

Is it possible, that your printcores are labelled wrong, or programmed wrong?