Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Redanto

Cura Pricing not showing up.

I watched how to set the price on filament so i could get a cost and it is not showing up.  Tried custom filament and even the filament that is already loaded on the software.  Not sure what i am doing wrong.

Went into "manage materials"  Added the price and weight. Nothing showed up.  Restarted the program and still nothing.

Any ideas?

double check you are adding it to the material profile that's being used.

I missed it and found that the one I was using was way lower in the list than the one I thought I was using.

Checked that and put it more numbers on different materials and still nothing.

@Redanto: Are you using an UM2?

For the UM2, you set the material on the printer. Cura does not know what material you will be printing with. As a result, it cannot calculate the price.

If you want to select the material in Cura, go into Machine Settings and change the gcode flavor to "Marlin" (instead of "Ultimaker 2"). This will give you material selection in Cura, and as an effect it will enable the calculation of price and weight.

@Redanto: Are you using an UM2?

For the UM2, you set the material on the printer. Cura does not know what material you will be printing with. As a result, it cannot calculate the price.

If you want to select the material in Cura, go into Machine Settings and change the gcode flavor to "Marlin" (instead of "Ultimaker 2"). This will give you material selection in Cura, and as an effect it will enable the calculation of price and weight.

sorry to say but you're incorrect. they are two completely separate things. as you can see you can get a price on any machine. it just need to know how much material it needs to create the part.

5a33409d708ee_materialpricing.thumb.jpg.0bb3220203d74b200a84d99f32f5f8ee.jpg

the slicer know how much filament it will be using so all it needs is the price/quantity purchased.

5a33409d708ee_materialpricing.thumb.jpg.0bb3220203d74b200a84d99f32f5f8ee.jpg

sorry to say but you're incorrect.

Sorry to say, but I implemented this functionality (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aclosed%20is%3Apr%20author%3AfieldOfView%20cost). I am fairly sure I am correct.

You seem to be using a modified definition of the UM2; the standard UM2 does not have a "nozzle" dropdown.

• Like 1

as you can see you can get a price on any machine.  it just need to know how much material it needs to create the part.  

interesting... good find - i'm just curious: can you explain which material profile is used for the calculation? And how did you choose a specific material? I don't see it in your screenshot?

You seem to be using a modified definition of the UM2; the standard UM2 does not have a "nozzle" dropdown.

@ahoeben - in Cura 3 there's a new machine action "UM2UpgradeSelection". You mark the Olsson block... et violà - there is the nozzle dropdown. Quite nice... but it's still not possible to select a material... :)

UM2_Upgrade.thumb.png.9a62e29a2d9175a06f9099ed10f0d309.png

UM2_Upgrade.thumb.png.9a62e29a2d9175a06f9099ed10f0d309.png