Cura Pricing not showing up.

Redanto

Posted · Cura Pricing not showing up.

I watched how to set the price on filament so i could get a cost and it is not showing up.  Tried custom filament and even the filament that is already loaded on the software.  Not sure what i am doing wrong.

Went into "manage materials"  Added the price and weight. Nothing showed up.  Restarted the program and still nothing.

Any ideas?

double check you are adding it to the material profile that's being used.

I missed it and found that the one I was using was way lower in the list than the one I thought I was using.

Checked that and put it more numbers on different materials and still nothing.

But it shows for others...

could you send me screen shots of the material in use on your slicer and and the material profile you edited and I will see if I have the same issue. :)

@Redanto: Are you using an UM2?

For the UM2, you set the material on the printer. Cura does not know what material you will be printing with. As a result, it cannot calculate the price.

If you want to select the material in Cura, go into Machine Settings and change the gcode flavor to "Marlin" (instead of "Ultimaker 2"). This will give you material selection in Cura, and as an effect it will enable the calculation of price and weight.

@Redanto: Are you using an UM2?

For the UM2, you set the material on the printer. Cura does not know what material you will be printing with. As a result, it cannot calculate the price.

If you want to select the material in Cura, go into Machine Settings and change the gcode flavor to "Marlin" (instead of "Ultimaker 2"). This will give you material selection in Cura, and as an effect it will enable the calculation of price and weight.

sorry to say but you're incorrect. they are two completely separate things. as you can see you can get a price on any machine. it just need to know how much material it needs to create the part.

5a33409d708ee_materialpricing.thumb.jpg.0bb3220203d74b200a84d99f32f5f8ee.jpg

the slicer know how much filament it will be using so all it needs is the price/quantity purchased.

5a33409d708ee_materialpricing.thumb.jpg.0bb3220203d74b200a84d99f32f5f8ee.jpg

sorry to say but you're incorrect.

Sorry to say, but I implemented this functionality (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aclosed%20is%3Apr%20author%3AfieldOfView%20cost). I am fairly sure I am correct.

You seem to be using a modified definition of the UM2; the standard UM2 does not have a "nozzle" dropdown.

• Like 1

as you can see you can get a price on any machine.  it just need to know how much material it needs to create the part.  

interesting... good find - i'm just curious: can you explain which material profile is used for the calculation? And how did you choose a specific material? I don't see it in your screenshot?

You seem to be using a modified definition of the UM2; the standard UM2 does not have a "nozzle" dropdown.

@ahoeben - in Cura 3 there's a new machine action "UM2UpgradeSelection". You mark the Olsson block... et violà - there is the nozzle dropdown. Quite nice... but it's still not possible to select a material... :)

UM2_Upgrade.thumb.png.9a62e29a2d9175a06f9099ed10f0d309.png

UM2_Upgrade.thumb.png.9a62e29a2d9175a06f9099ed10f0d309.png

Giggle, you are quite right. I forgot I added that too ;-)

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/pull/1762

could you send me screen shots of the material in use on your slicer and and the material profile you edited and I will see if I have the same issue. :)

5a3340a0f0999_ScreenShot2017-11-06at4_39_50PM.thumb.png.ec313ef6d6e2f0214442527b06769f4a.png[/media]

5a3340a0f0999_ScreenShot2017-11-06at4_39_50PM.thumb.png.ec313ef6d6e2f0214442527b06769f4a.png

5a3340a0f0999_ScreenShot2017-11-06at4_39_50PM.thumb.png.ec313ef6d6e2f0214442527b06769f4a.png[/media]

5a3340a0d4d5f_ScreenShot2017-11-06at4_38_48PM.thumb.png.bcbdda43a7a7f15e310fc47647ec497e.png

5a3340a0f0999_ScreenShot2017-11-06at4_39_50PM.thumb.png.ec313ef6d6e2f0214442527b06769f4a.png

5a3340a0d4d5f_ScreenShot2017-11-06at4_38_48PM.thumb.png.bcbdda43a7a7f15e310fc47647ec497e.png

Change the printer flavour to reprap in printer machine settings

So i figured out that it was the custom printer that was not working so I adde a printer they already had and changed the the build settings to my print bed and it worked. I will try changing the "flavour" to reprap.

Posted (edited) · Cura Pricing not showing up.

Change the printer flavour to reprap in printer machine settings

Changing the flavour to "reprap" worked as well.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

I went through most and it seems to work for them apart from UM2 flavour. go figure lol

Im using Cura 3.5.0 and S5 printer. I edited material properties to add pricing information, changed machine setting to reprap, still can't get $ to show up. what am I doing wrong? 

Cura cost.png

Do you have a local and a network S5 in Cura? One could have been created by a project. Cura might confuse them and check the one which has not stored the cost information for. But it's just a speculation as it seems to work for me.

its set up as network printer. I am nor sure what to do. 

image.thumb.png.49593905240aacc2b3220b8f4ada1f77.png