Cura Connect Maintenance Date Incorrect

robingreig

Posted · Cura Connect Maintenance Date Incorrect
1 hour ago, tinkergnome said:

@kmanstudios There should be an option in the printer's menu on the Cura Connect webpage:

Prevent_starting_new_print_jobs.png

AhHA!! Thanks LOL....I never noticed that....seems a bit like having to know the secret handshake though to get to some things sometimes. But I found it and it makes sense now for that to move forward.

3 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

LOL - yep - this or... carefully read the manual... :p

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/51710-manuals      (page 15)

I do read manuals. But I also have a litmus test when it comes to simplistic software like this: Most functions should be easily reached and understood without massive reading. Also, the software to that point has been pretty straight forward, but little hidey things like that are just designers being 'designy.'

All manuals suck :p

I think the software itself should be the manual. It's good to know that this feature is not straightforward to use, I'll let the UI designer of Cura Connect know.

• Like 1

Designing a smooth UI is not an easy task (especially if it has to be accessible for people with a disability).
    I think, little 'playgrounds' are acceptable... :love:

The rare 'hidden' things are no problem once you get used to it, and those '3 point menus' are quite common nowadays

(although the 'light grey-on-white' color scheme is generally worth a discussion ;)).

• Like 1

I will agree with both @ctbeke and @tinkergnome on those valid points. But I will have to say that I cannot say when I have ever seen those three little dots as an indicator. So, that would be the secret handshake I did not know. For what it is worth, once I understood a few philosophies of 3D printing, Cura was easy to figure out. Especially when I unhid all the commands. Tooltips and things like that really make life easier.