Mark 2 Head Conversion WEDGES

Posted · Mark 2 Head Conversion WEDGES

I am in the process of doing the conversion and came to the point where I fit the wedges, which I got from Git Hub I printed these in Ngen weeks and weeks ago ready for this point in time, BUT they do not fit I estimated they are out by 2mm, I did a measurement of the STL File for dimensions and they are what I have printed. the roof of my printer is 6mm thick material, and wondered where have I gone wrong or is the STL File wrong (which I doubt) but there again things have been known ??? I'd like this strait in my mind before I go printing the same wedges with 2mm of the bottom

The idea is that the horizontal screw and the wedge control the pressure exercised on the dock, the more you tighten the screw, the more the wedge is pulled inside and the more the dock ist lifted upwards.

Conny _G

thanks for that, I did understand the principle the wedge, I printed in N Gen Flex

5a3341780148c_greywedge.thumb.JPG.0341e14f1df53c91ef09fddfa0965235.JPG

as you san csee it is too big in the Z the 3mm screw is level with the holder.

I doubted the STL File was wrong so I printed in normal PLA on another printer and

5a33417994340_redwedge.thumb.JPG.355c7d87cf8ac28c99eea6024a3f06d0.JPG

what I don't understand obviously the Grey wedge is to tall so the size has been altered during the print, I would like to find out where and how this occurred.

I used S3D

5a3341780148c_greywedge.thumb.JPG.0341e14f1df53c91ef09fddfa0965235.JPG

5a33417994340_redwedge.thumb.JPG.355c7d87cf8ac28c99eea6024a3f06d0.JPG