unwanted lines on surface

CEP

Posted · unwanted lines on surface

Hi, I can see what's happening, it's not retracting when moving between the first set of walls it outputs (the innermost walls). This could be related to a known bug (currently not fixed) or it could be something different. My only suggestion at the moment is to have retract before outer wall enabled and print outer wall first enabled. That combo should ensure a retraction occurs. Also, I notice that you are not using the wall order optimization which is available as an experimental feature. If you enable that it will do less traveling. Hope this helps.

hi, really thanks a lot for helping I will try tomorrow

where is the setting : retract before outer wall enabled and print outer wall first enabled

Have a nice we

claude

Retract before outer wall is in custom settings -> travel

Outer before inner walls is in custom settings -> shell

To see these preferences you may need to go to Menu settings -> configure setting visibility

Cheers,

Mark

Retract before outer wall is in custom settings -> travel

Outer before inner walls is in custom settings -> shell

To see these preferences you may need to go to Menu settings -> configure setting visibility

Cheers,

Mark

Hi, you quoted me but added nothing else, do you have a reply also?

Dear Mark

See the scratches.thumb.jpg.d2324d10c346e4e213198a951c1117dd.jpg

I'ts much better but black lines subsist over the text , it's too bad

settings.thumb.jpg.1e470ade9cea9ae1da51c3ec0bc20ee7.jpg

gcodes :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r32pxv6byj0w61d/UM3_plaque_et_text_220v.gcode

scratches.thumb.jpg.d2324d10c346e4e213198a951c1117dd.jpg

settings.thumb.jpg.1e470ade9cea9ae1da51c3ec0bc20ee7.jpg

That gcode file is the same as you posted yesterday. Have you got the file for today please?

Thanks for the file. Yes, it's still not retracting on some of the travels. I think this could be related to an existing bug. What happens if you turn off combing altogether? I would expect that to force a retraction for all moves.

I've had a chance to look at this some more. With your recent gcode, it is retracting when crossing the red regions but it isn't doing a z-hop. This is controlled by the combing code which I believe has a problem in this area. If you turn off combing it should not do this.

I send a print with combing OFF, I'm coming in touch tomorrow

rgs

Good news the text is nice with out scratches

Thanks a lot for the help

P.S

A small retraction off the character V subsist

(if not really important but if you have a idea ? )

plate.thumb.JPG.ab5d099cecce035c61b517644fb9db92.JPG

rgs

Could you please post a link to the latest gcode and I will look to see what's happening on the V.

That's the same file as you posted yesterday! Combing is set to no skin, I would like to see the gcode that corresponds to your latest better print.

That looks a lot better. Note that you will get fewer travel moves and retractions if you enable the wall order optimization.

Anyway, the root of your problem was the bad travels (with no z-hop) caused by combing. There's definitely a problem with the combing still.

thanks for the help have a nice day

I am having this exact same frustrating issue. The keychain on the left has little blobs of red above the small letters made during the combing maneuver. When I changed combing to 'No Skin'. I ended up with tons of crossing lines even though I had 'Retract Before Outer Wall' and 'Outer Before Inner Walls' checked. I found a possible plugin solution, but I can't figure out how to get the plugin installed. https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/wiki/Retract-While-Combing-plugin. Can anyone help me? 

kc.gcode

kcs.thumb.JPG.a9109d3b13ce97ae92cec940a5f14aa2.JPG

kc.gcode

Have you tried turning off combing completely? I think that helped the OP above.