Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
CEP

unwanted lines on surface

Hi, I can see what's happening, it's not retracting when moving between the first set of walls it outputs (the innermost walls). This could be related to a known bug (currently not fixed) or it could be something different. My only suggestion at the moment is to have retract before outer wall enabled and print outer wall first enabled. That combo should ensure a retraction occurs. Also, I notice that you are not using the wall order optimization which is available as an experimental feature. If you enable that it will do less traveling. Hope this helps.

Retract before outer wall is in custom settings -> travel

Outer before inner walls is in custom settings -> shell

To see these preferences you may need to go to Menu settings -> configure setting visibility

Cheers,

Mark

I am having this exact same frustrating issue. The keychain on the left has little blobs of red above the small letters made during the combing maneuver. When I changed combing to 'No Skin'. I ended up with tons of crossing lines even though I had 'Retract Before Outer Wall' and 'Outer Before Inner Walls' checked. I found a possible plugin solution, but I can't figure out how to get the plugin installed. https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/wiki/Retract-While-Combing-plugin. Can anyone help me? 

kc.gcode

kcs.thumb.JPG.a9109d3b13ce97ae92cec940a5f14aa2.JPG

kc.gcode