Ultimaker Cura 3.1.0 Extruder nozzle offset issue

NAK3D

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 3.1.0 Extruder nozzle offset issue

Hello,

I'm having an issue with 3.1.0.  I have a Custom FDM printer set up for my modified DaVinci 2.0.  In my extruder setting for extruder #2 I have a nozzle offset of -18.  When I try upgrading to 3.1.0 it copies the nozzle offset X from extruder 2 to extruder 1 thus setting the nozzle offset X of both to -18.  It won't let me set different offsets for each extruder, any changes I make to one are reflected in the other.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and have even deleted the configuration folder between installs with no change in results.

I have had to revert back to using version 2.7.0

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes this is important, I have not moved to 3.1.0 yet and also have a dual extruder. The distance between the bed and the two nozzles will not necessarily be precisely the same distance if you measure it in decimals of a mm. I.e for a single extruder a difference of 20 microns in the z-offset can show a difference I can imagine that to get both extruders laying down the first layer properly you may want/need to set z-offsets differently for the two nozzles. When I level my bed I set my z-offset to 3 decimal places although I will admit that normally I tune it in steps of 20 microns, sometimes 10 microns.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 3.1.0 Extruder nozzle offset issue

Anyone else have any suggestions?  I do want to upgrade to 3.1.0 but problem makes it unusable for me.

Thanks again

Edited by NAK3D

Have found the same issue with 3.x.x none of them have taken to the offset value. Like you I have an offset of X-18 for nozzle one (or 18 for nozzle two!). I have just been using 2.6.2 for the time being.

Currently I can only use 3.x.x for single extrusion :(

Hi @SandervG I wonder if the development team are aware of this issue? From a logistics perspective it is probably not an easy thing to test so perhaps it was missed.

The x/y extruder offset is a known issue, and I have been told it has been fixed for Cura 3.2

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for the update @ahoeben

Having the same problem here and hope fix is coming soon. Can't use Cura 3.1 with my 3 extruder printer at all. Same as OP problem, headset offset for the three extruders are the same and can't change them for each, and can't even add different GCode for each extruder under its tab. The GCode entered under extruder 1 is copied to 2 and 3.

I have been told there will be a Cura 3.2 beta in about 1.5 week.

I can confirm @ahoeben's comments :)