Ultimaker Original Plus turns off/on while printing TPU

PhilDesign

Posted · Ultimaker Original Plus turns off/on while printing TPU

Hallo guys,

my UMO+ has problems printing TPU. When I am printing TPU after few layers the printer turn off and an very quickly, like using the switch very fast.

After that the print is stopped, like it would be when you turn off and on the UMO+.

I dont know why this is happening? When I print PLA there is no issue. I also tried to print the same G-Code of the TPU with PLA and I have no problems. I also printed the G-Code for a PLA part with TPU and it doesn't work.

TPU settings: Nozzle 220 Bed 20 

Please help!

Thanks for any help

PhilDesign

It's the power supply most likely.  Or maybe a short circuit.  The power supply does this - shuts off for just a fraction of a second - if the printer is drawing too much power.

Do you specifically set the bed to 20C?  Or do you set the bed to 0C and it just ends up displaying 20C?  This is important.  Because if you specifically set the bed to 20C that could explain everything - try setting it to 0C instead.  The bed draws much more power at 20C than at higher temperatures and this could overload the power supply if you are powering everything (servos, nozzle, bed) at once.

• Like 1

@gr5 Hey man you are awesome. It is working now! I had the bed temp at 20. I change it to zero and it is working now.

Thank your very much!!!

It is really weird that 20degrees draws more energy then for example 60degrees?! Do you know why?

Thanks a lot!!!

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Plus turns off/on while printing TPU

That is not so weird if you realise that the electrical resistance of copper is dependent on the temperature (resistance increases when it gets hot). So if the heaterplate (of which the tracks are copper) warms up, the power consumption drops.

Edited by tomnagel
    • Like 1