Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

ruggie

Posted · Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

What do I need to do in order to be able to post topics without a moderator?  

As a new join to the Community, I seem unable to post.  It says "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator".  I wrote yesterday in the Buy/Sell forum about the best places to buy an Ultimaker but it seems that it still hasn't posted because a moderator has to find it and then manually approve it.  I'd really like to buy an Ultimaker but won't do so without being able to chat with other owners.  I've searched the Community site including the Guidelines.  What are the rules about posting as a new member?  What do I need to do?  

• Like 1

Hi Neotko -

Thanks for your message; I appreciate it.  Like I mentioned, there is nothing in the Guidelines that mentions this. 

Since you have responded to my post, it seems that a moderator must have removed whatever block I had on my account. 

• Like 1

Indeed @neotko is correct we basically all are together and have a lot of things going on, so basically approval of new posts is a bit slower than usual. This will be better again for all of you from tomorrow on.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

• 1 year later...

DidierKlein:

I'm also new and notice that my comments need to be approved first.

However, I just made a comment and of course, it says it needs to be approved, but I have commented before and it appears there has been no approval (unless I'm just not seeing it) as in my account, it says nothing is there.

How do we newbies know when we can start to comment immediately?

I'm assuming (and I could be very wrong) that the approval thing is for new people for a time period so that the company gets to know that the person isn't a trouble maker but a true member.  That's what I suspect, but who knows!? :)

Would you please be able to enlighten me on how long before one can comment without waiting for approval or if we need to do something differently to progress to the point of no approval necessary?

Thanks in advance.

26 minutes ago, BlondieSL said:

Would you please be able to enlighten me on how long before one can comment without waiting for approval or if we need to do something differently to progress to the point of no approval necessary?

Nothing special is needed, but new users need first 2 approved (or is it 3 - not sure now)  posts before they can start posting without approval. This process is needed to catch spammers from the beginning. Of course, a spammer could post first some 3D printing related messages and starts then with its spam, but we will catch him anyway 🙂 

So it will not help if someone posts several postings in the beginning because then all wait for approval. 

But you have now enough approved posts, so you can write your comments and they will appear as soon as you click on submit.

Right now we only get about 2 spams per day but there was a time when we got 20 and a time when we got hundreds per day.  When we were getting hundreds per day the queue got so big that occasionally a legitimate post would get lost among hundreds of spams.

Hi Guys. I have a similar problem (on top of another problem). 

I made a post a month or so ago and would love some advice on the problem but need it to be approved first: 

Your initial post was approved, you just got no answers.

• Like 1

Hi Smithy. Thanks- I had the red script underneath my post "Your post needs to be moderated" but it has since been approved. Thank you for the feedback 🙂

No problem. Your first post was approved in time, but you need 2 approved posts before you can post without an approval. Maybe that was the reason that you have seen the sign under your post.