View print steps option

espadan3d

Posted · View print steps option

Hello @espadan3d, that is because your layer view is using compatibility mode. It's doing that because either your computer's hw/sw are not suitable or you have forced it to use compatibility mode in the cura preferences. If it is the sw, maybe updating drivers is required?

That should be enough.

The new layer view requires OpenGL 4 because it needs geometry shaders. Your graphical card supports OpenGL 4.5 according to this spec sheet: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-740m/specifications

So I think you just need to update your graphical drivers. Once you've done that, Cura should be able to detect that you have OpenGL 4 support and allow the fancier rendering of layer view. Also be sure to disable the "Force layer view compatibility mode" option in the preferences.

I think your laptop has both an integrated (Intel) and an dedicated (nVidia) GPU. If that is true, you should be able to configure your ("Optimus") driver to launch Cura with the dedicated GPU.

3 hours ago, ghostkeeper said:

That should be enough.

The new layer view requires OpenGL 4 because it needs geometry shaders. Your graphical card supports OpenGL 4.5 according to this spec sheet: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-740m/specifications

So I think you just need to update your graphical drivers. Once you've done that, Cura should be able to detect that you have OpenGL 4 support and allow the fancier rendering of layer view. Also be sure to disable the "Force layer view compatibility mode" option in the preferences.

Thanks for your reply

i checked my driver was final update.

i couldn't find Force layer view compatibility mode .when is it?

3 hours ago, ahoeben said:

I think your laptop has both an integrated (Intel) and an dedicated (nVidia) GPU. If that is true, you should be able to configure your ("Optimus") driver to launch Cura with the dedicated GPU.

image.png.483ef06fcdf71ae72855182dd7298d42.png

Thanks for your reply

I think you are right, how able configure ("Optimus") driver to launch Cura?

1 hour ago, espadan3d said:

i couldn't find Force layer view compatibility mode .when is it?

It's under Preferences -> Configure Cura... -> Viewport Behavior -> all the way down at the bottom of the category.

You might also need to force windows to use your dedicated GPU for Cura. You can do that in the Nvidia control panel (right click desktop -> Nvidia control panel):

image.thumb.png.da859dd58aaf21afd563cdffcb46c6b3.png

5 hours ago, IRobertI said:

You might also need to force windows to use your dedicated GPU for Cura. You can do that in the Nvidia control panel (right click desktop -> Nvidia control panel):

Thank you, my problem was solved

5 hours ago, ghostkeeper said:

It's under Preferences -> Configure Cura... -> Viewport Behavior -> all the way down at the bottom of the category.

Thank you, my problem was solved