Feature request

xrstokes

Posted · Feature request

I'm having some warping issues on larger petg prints. A nice sized brim fixes it 50% of the time. Some times, the brim can't hold it down and it tears. Other slicers have an option to have the brim print for the first 2 layers. Can someone add this to the feature request list. 2 layers are still easy too cut off, but helps pin it too the bed. If there is a work around or plugin though, that would be great.

Thanks 

Posted · Feature request

Well you can make the bottom layer thicker - there's a "bottom layer thickness".  

I've never had this problem with petg.  My problem with petg is it sticks too well.  So well that it lifts pieces of the glass off and I get glass shards in the bottom of my petg prints.  I use a very very thin layer of PVA (I like to mix wood glue and water but there are other ways to do this).  Also stick your petg in hot water and see where it softens and make sure the bed is above this temp.  This will allow the bottom layer to warp just the tiniest bit (< 0.1mm) and spread the load (relieve the strongest stresses).

Another thing is you want to make sure you are squishing that bottom layer.  The more the squish, the better it sticks.

But seriously, If I were to print the UM robot with petg, you can pick up the whole printer with the tiny robot and spin the printer around.  It won't come off.  The glass will shatter first.

Posted · Feature request

you could also use some strong tape like duct tape over the brim when it is done printing in the places where it is prone to warping. Don't push to hard while taping because the bed will move down a little.

It can help sometimes (not always unfortunately) to prevent the first lifting, as long as the brim stays in contact with the glass, it works. When it starts to lift it can pull it further and cannot be stopped . 

Posted · Feature request
    On 3/29/2018 at 3:42 AM, peggyb said:

When it starts to lift it can pull it further and cannot be stopped . 

Yes - once air gets under there it's pretty hard to recreate that vacuum seal.

Posted · Feature request

Not sure if this one has been mentioned, but it would be nice to have an adjustable flow % specifically for the solid infill. My walls are good, but it always seems like there is too much flow on any of the solid layers.

Posted · Feature request

Please post your feature request also on the GitHub page of Cura that it can be tracked and discussed.

You find the link in Cura in the help menu.

thanks

Posted · Feature request

I have been looking through Cura and I don't see a feature that would keep a layer or section from starting or stopping on an overhang. I am assuming that isn't a feature but would be super helpful. 

Posted · Feature request
    11 minutes ago, writhe82 said:

I don't see a feature that would keep a layer or section from starting or stopping on an overhang. I am assuming that isn't a feature but would be super helpful. 

Please post your feature request also on the GitHub page of Cura.