Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
xeno

YouMagine covered in spam

Wow...it really is bad. I went there today to look at a print and took a while to find it from all that mess that has nothing to do with 3D printing. Just so-so cartoon art.

And, no, I am not a snob. I love comics and am a cartoonist at heart meself.

Actually, there was new spam today. I 'created and issue' and it was removed post haste. LOL

It was some router support company. Two separate postings. In the issue I created I said that 'Monty Python had nothing on them with the SPAM'. LOL

OK...if you do not know that means, then search monty python spam....

Now the spam is getting to be from people like you see on some 'comments' sections.

You know, the ones that are telling everybody how lonely they are and looking forward to hooking up and stuff.

They tried to start here and they took it down very quickly. But, it would seem youmagine is not policed regularly.

The problem is that the spammers created hundreds or more accounts, and start spamming after a while,

if the admins don't delete the accounts made around one period, with zero posts and from the same country, then this will go on for months.

Edited by Guest

The problem is that the spammers created hundreds or more accounts, and start spamming after a while,

if the admins don't delete the accounts made around one period, with zero posts and from the same country, then this will go on for months.

:angry:

We did delete/ban these accounts but they (the spammers) create new ones with manual labor and circumvent reCaptcha :(

The spam filter was revamped and includes many new keywords to filter out spam posts automatically.

If you see something new, please respond to this post - I am following it now.

And thank you for the work guys!

• Like 2

LOL I just shared a link about a video streaming website explaining why my username and i hope i don't get banned because i'm a new member XD Oh this message is not related to 3 printers nooooooooooooooooooooooooo... banned in 5 4 3 2 1... USER TERMINATED

LOL I just shared a link about a video streaming website explaining why my username and i hope i don't get banned because i'm a new member XD Oh this message is not related to 3 printers nooooooooooooooooooooooooo... banned in 5 4 3 2 1... USER TERMINATED

Huh? o_O