xeno

YouMagine covered in spam

Posted · YouMagine covered in spam

It is a spam in that the company listed is a retail manufacturer of mass transit seats. I would not know what the zip file is, but if it had anything to do with 3D printing, I think there would be some sort of file download that shows the parts.

I ain't downloading it to check it though. ;)

And, I was referring to your elvis tags :)

Posted (edited) · YouMagine covered in spam

And now, 3D Print has, maybe, spam. This is an ad for something to buy from Pinshape and is all product renderings and such from the website they direct you to.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/prints/37374-project-flola

It is getting bad. I do not want to see products. That is what Pinshape and others are for. I thought here was where we got to see what our community makes, not to get hit on for a purchase and not even a full print to be seen.

Edited by Guest

I guess the 3D print is in a grey area. Lets assume it is true that it is printed (prototyped) on an Ultimaker 3, in that case it is totally allowed and cool that they share it with us. It is not meant and solely available for 'hobby-projects'.

The link may make it a bit suspicious, but I personally think it is fine since they do actually add to the gallery.

But yea, grey area.

I guess the 3D print is in a grey area. Lets assume it is true that it is printed (prototyped) on an Ultimaker 3, in that case it is totally allowed and cool that they share it with us. It is not meant and solely available for 'hobby-projects'.

The link may make it a bit suspicious, but I personally think it is fine since they do actually add to the gallery.

But yea, grey area.

I would agree, but that is all renderings and not actual prints as far as I can tell. Having hands in the pics and not Photoshop composites/3d Renderings only would be helpful.

It is a grey area indeed, I just hope it does not lead to an onslaught of things for sale. Especially as I keep seeing the same things/models for free and for sale from various people. So far, not a lot, but it is growing in number.

I happened to have clicked through the photo's and this seems like a real photo to me. If it was not really 3D printed, it would add less and I would lean towards spam or unwanted content more.

Posted (edited) · YouMagine covered in spam

I happened to have clicked through the photo's and this seems like a real photo to me. If it was not really 3D printed, it would add less and I would lean towards spam or unwanted content more.

I can agree with that one photo, especially with the layer lines, but the rest of it is dubious. And, where are the layer lines on the toggle?

Not arguing a point, just leery of such things that are not fully rendered and shown as a real project. Especially as delicate as that thing is. And, where are the parts images? Not the mesh to download, as it is for sale on another site, but the actual parts?

This is not a knock either on the design. But if it is a real project and not just speculation, I would like to see more of the real printed things that it takes to make it. Design and reality are very different.

Edited by Guest

So even after all that spamming, there is still nobody reviewing new members ?

I guess you want hard pron before you take some action :)

The thing is that there is no review system in place. We do this manually every day...

The thing is that there is no review system in place. We do this manually every day...

Well the spamers maybe too... :D

From what I understand, the spammers are using bots to do this. They be powerful lil' thangs

I'm laughing but I'm crying..
  • Like 1

Speaking as a round guy meself, nuthin' wrong wid dat, other than the spam part.

And this one smells also of Spam

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/tire-hub-cap

I think that one is actually a cover for the center part of the hubcap of some sorts.