Problem position walls

Caro25

Posted · Problem position walls

Hi,

As you can see on the picture , I have a problem with the position of the walls. It looks like the inner wall and outer wall are crossing each other, although I don't see this problem in Cura (see picutre).

Does anybody knows what it can be?

Best regards,

Caroline

problem_box.jpg

picture_box.jpg

Posted · Problem position walls

I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like.  Is it supposed to be a lopsided octagon with perfectly vertical walls?  Or is it supposed to shift a bit part way up?  Does it have that shift in cura layer view?

So guessing that it's supposed to not have the shift - it's a common problem (I mean not for most printers but people have this problem occasionally) where you lose some steps such that the printer loses it's home and thinks it's somewhere a bit off from where it truly is.

Usually the shift is only in X or only Y and only in one direction although often there are 2 shifts.  Could this be what I see?  Or is it supposed to shift like that?  And if it isn't supposed to shift would you say it slipped in X or Y?

Posted (edited) · Problem position walls

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, the walls are not perfectly vertical. Starting at an height of 4mm, they have an outward angle (a total of 3mm for an height of 3cm)   (see picture). I stopped the print long before the end, as the problem started immediately. 

The shift seems to be only in X, as the problem remains but is far less acute when the object is rotated by 90 degrees.

I never noticed this problem on my printer, although I'm printing whith it for nearly 4 years. Is it a problem which can appear after some time, or was it there from the beginning and I didn't notice because I never printed this kind of geometry before? 

problem_box2.jpg

Edited by Caro25