UM2: why is my infill so bad and the borders are good?

mezger

Posted · UM2: why is my infill so bad and the borders are good?

Hi, I’m trying to print using pla 1.75mm with 0.4mm nozzle. The borders are good, specially see in the picture a surface which was printed ok. However, the quality of the infill is really bad. (Set to 30%). 

Settings: speed: 90%, T:210C, material flow: 180% 

which setting do I need to tweak? 

Thanks 

F0C6F487-6FDC-4DE2-A21F-BA5BEA9F716C.jpeg

Not sure I understand why you have your flow setting at 180% instead of 100% or very close. Maybe you are compensating for something else that is wrong?

Exactly, I was experimenting while printing and found that this setting was good. I now reduced the speed in cura and returned to 100% speed in the printer menu. That works better. 

1 hour ago, yellowshark said:

Not sure I understand why you have your flow setting at 180% instead of 100% or very close. Maybe you are compensating for something else that is wrong?

2 hours ago, mezger said:

Exactly, I was experimenting while printing and found that this setting was good. I now reduced the speed in cura and returned to 100% speed in the printer menu. That works better. 

Speed is in mm/s not %, you need to check the cura settings, not the Ultimaker setting on the display as that is just the percentage of what you set as speed in cura.

So what is the speed setting you used?

Either way it's sorted but it will make communication a lot easier if you use the correct terminology;)

The

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Either way it's sorted but it will make communication a lot easier if you use the correct terminology;)

It is confusing as it is when this is what you see, or where he got the information he was citing.

FlowPercentage.jpg.d4fce172133f11e26b845bf31ce40b45.jpg

So, checking the cura settings is checking the displays? No?

That in itself is a bit confusing and I have been using this thing for over a year now. A bit of elucidating to clear the information you put forth would be appreciated. :)

8 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

FlowPercentage.jpg.d4fce172133f11e26b845bf31ce40b45.jpg

So, checking the cura settings is checking the displays? No?

That in itself is a bit confusing and I have been using this thing for over a year now. A bit of elucidating to clear the information you put forth would be appreciated. :)

Indeed it is not an easy process and has a steep learning curve, and would have elucidated if asked what was meant but first let people think about it, as he might have found what I meant right away.

You learn faster when finding it yourself then people telling you how it works.;)

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

Indeed it is not an easy process and has a steep learning curve, and would have elucidated if asked what was meant but first let people think about it, as he might have found what I meant right away.

You learn faster when finding it yourself then people telling you how it works.;)

Not sure I am fully on board with that as it is a bit steep. But, I do think you have a good reason....I guess better to let him ask. ;)