When there´s no support..

robson

Posted · When there´s no support..

I´m in need of some spare part to my ultimaker 2. Trying to get a set of pulleys and a fan shroud ( the fan shroud for ultimaker 2+ horizontal version) and I sent 3 emails over the past year to ultimaker.com...And no answer at all.. Realized there´s an official ultimaker retailer in my country nowadays and contacted him. He offered me a boundle set with spare parts for a fair price but that excluded the shroud and a tool I also want.  (the rod support tool when removing rods). Also there was so many parts in that boundle I had no use for so it would only cost me extra $.... Now another week has gone by without any further answers or help. This is starting to get on my nervs. It can´t be that hard to get me those part´s I need.

Who shall I turn to to get the parts I need? I would very much want to get my printer up running asap. I will let next week go by because who knows. he might be sick or on vacation and that is fully understandable. But if that´s not the case. who shall I talk to? source 3d party spare parts even tho I payed over 2k € along with probably 500€ add ons? 

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated

Hi Robson,

have you tried calling the reseller? Maybe he missed your second mail.

I don't know where you could get the "official" UM2+ fan shroud because as far as I know it is not part of any spare parts kit (well except for the UM2 Plus upgrade kit).

If you don't really need the metal shroud, you could print one yourself. There are many designs on Thingiverse or YouMagine. I used one printed in colorFabb XT for a very long time.

Hello!

I sent him a reminder yesterday. Will wait until next week befor I give him a call.

I did print a couple of those fan shrouds from youmagine. Nice design but ofc they tend to deform while using higher temps. So I would really like to have an metal one. Also good to have all original parts if I ever tend to sale my ultimaker.

Do you know any place where I could get good quality pulleys for all axels and the top plastic house for the printhead? 

Thanks for your reply

Regards

Is there only one reseller listed for you country on the Ultimaker reseller list? If contacted by you also resellers outside your country are allowed to sell you parts. Question is of course if that makes sense in terms of shipping costs.

Yes there's only one reseller in my country. I actually bought my um2 from sweden since swedish is my native language and felt more comfortable buying and getting support in my native tongue..

But I'm not too happy with them since I addressed that the pulley's was very excentric and would like a new set of pulleys, I got the answer that it wouldn't affect printing quality and I should just keep on printing. This was still when my printer was under warranty.. And now I need a new set since printing cylindrical and square object is not working out for me. So giving them money for something that should have been replaced under warranty doesn't sound right in my book. 

Haha I realice I sound like a whining wiener here but principle are principle..

However paying extra for shipping wouldn't be a big issues for me as long as I can get all the parts from one place. And shipping wouldn't cost me 100€..

Any official resellers here on the forum? Ultimaker team members? Any one that can get me the parts here?

Appreciate your help guys!

There's definitely some resellers on the forum; there's probably one on here closer to you than I am. fbrc8 is based out of Tennessee, in the US.

We stock official spares of most parts at fbrc8.com. Even things not listed on the website, we usually still have in stock (like the pulleys). We just usually list the most common parts on the site. 

There is actually two in our country.

Which one did you try? I've also sent a request for parts but no answer.

@robson This is off-topic but I had a simmilar issue with the pulleys. They were not completely round either and I replaced them with some custom manufactured ones and.... it didn't change anything. If you have problems with printing round objects, at least I can say that it might not be related to the pulleys at all.

If you have problems with round and square objects, post a new thread - I am sure people will step in to help with that. There could be issues like loose pulleys or slicing problems.

3 hours ago, fbrc8-erin said:

There's definitely some resellers on the forum; there's probably one on here closer to you than I am. fbrc8 is based out of Tennessee, in the US.

We stock official spares of most parts at fbrc8.com. Even things not listed on the website, we usually still have in stock (like the pulleys). We just usually list the most common parts on the site. 

I´ve bought a lot of stuff from US lately and shipping was usually 36€ with ups or dhl. wich is actually not bad at all. Do you happen to have the following parts or can get them for me?

1. Metal fan shroud horizontal version for UM 2/2+

2. Upper plastic house for the print head

3. Complete pulley kit

4. The support axis tool for removing rod´s. It´s probably 3d printed but not sure..

2 hours ago, AndersK said:

There is actually two in our country.

Which one did you try? I've also sent a request for parts but no answer.

I wish not to bad mouth any vendor publicly but PM me if you want to know who I dealt with

1 hour ago, Nicolinux said:

@robson This is off-topic but I had a simmilar issue with the pulleys. They were not completely round either and I replaced them with some custom manufactured ones and.... it didn't change anything. If you have problems with printing round objects, at least I can say that it might not be related to the pulleys at all.

If you have problems with round and square objects, post a new thread - I am sure people will step in to help with that. There could be issues like loose pulleys or slicing problems.

Thank for the tip! I will creat a thread once I get my spare parts and are up running ( if those part didn´t help)

Also my pulleys is VERY excentric. meaning belt will only be tight in one possition, turn it 180 degrees and belt is slack. Wich should have impact on moving print head in XYZ. Never heard a tooth skip on the belt tho.. Also it´s not just one pulleys but 80% if them. One of the short belts are affected by it..

6 hours ago, robson said:

I´ve bought a lot of stuff from US lately and shipping was usually 36€ with ups or dhl. wich is actually not bad at all. Do you happen to have the following parts or can get them for me?

1. Metal fan shroud horizontal version for UM 2/2+

2. Upper plastic house for the print head

3. Complete pulley kit

4. The support axis tool for removing rod´s. It´s probably 3d printed but not sure..

I have all of those things except for the printed axis tools. 

I live in Sweden too and just want to say that I ordered a couple of glas plates from fbrc8 as no one in Sweden had them in stock and they arrived approximately after one week. 

Thats awesome in my book.

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

Visit Robotdigg, the have all kinds of parts for CNC & 3D printers.

I bought belts and pulleys from them (GT2).

Thanks

Torgeir.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your help! Should have turned to the forum at the very beginning!

I decided to go with Fbrc-8.. Great customer support from Erin!

• Like 1