Ultimaker s5 no WiFi option in menu

bidav

Posted · Ultimaker s5 no WiFi option in menu

Hello i have a new s5, I can connect with the ethernet cable with no problem, that's how I upgraded the firmware. But wifi option in the menu is grayed out I can't turn it on. Tried turn off ethernet but still wifi is grayed out not clickbale. Any idea? Thank you 

Strange.. It's an official reseller a new firstly used printer. Will contact them after the local holiday is over in here, maybe I am doing something wrong though? 

Hard to say, maybe the wifi card got loose in shipping? You're not doing something wrong. It is supposed to work without any other intervention beyond the UI switch. Reseller contact is best. Sorry for the troubles, just a momentary setback. 

Okay will do. Thank you very much for the prompt reply guys,  really appreciate it

I just managed to contact the reseller, he said that all ultimaker printers sold in israel are without the wifi card because the frequency of the wifi interffears with military bands.. So no wifi for me ?

3 hours ago, bidav said:

I just managed to contact the reseller, he said that all ultimaker printers sold in israel are without the wifi card because the frequency of the wifi interffears with military bands.. So no wifi for me ?

You are not missing much, it's pretty flaky at the moment.

Is there anyway for you to plug the ethernet into some sort of device to convert it to WiFi?

Now that's an idea, will sure look into it 

Personally i don't use the Wifi on mine, because right now it has to many drop outs where the printer still thinks its linked to my network but cura and the app don't find it. So I'm hard wired and get no problems at all now. I would say if you can have it hard wired, if not look at Wifi Bridge Dongles, that make a wifi bridge from the ethernet port.

Oh ok, sounds like heavy measurements. I overheard that in the past sometimes modules were removed, but didn't know it was for that reason. Out of curiosity, does it mean almost no devices have wifi? Or are just certain frequencies / Ghz not allowed? 

No we have 2.4ghz and. 5ghz wifi here, no idea why the module in s5 is not allowed here.. 

I'm checking our official stance on this topic and will get back to you.