New dual kit

Posted · New dual kit

can i just say one extra thing..

I think when you look at the new wiki page for the dual extrusion...I dont think anyone is going to be complaining anymore....

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Dual_Extrusion:_Assemble_printhead

Congradulations to ultimaker for making a fantastic wiki... every step, well photographed and described...

super work.

You can really see the quality of ultimakers services and products just getting better and better !

Ian :-)

Posted · New dual kit

The missing black injection molded parts where a slight oversight. But we have spares of those parts, so if you mention that you are missing that bit I'll try to see if I can get it included in your order.

MY MISTAKE!

The part is included. No need to contact support, or me, or anyone. The "missing" part is actually included, I didn't check it properly.

Posted · New dual kit

Processing means we have not yet been able to confirm your payment.

We will only start preparing your order for shipment after we have been able to confirm the payment.

Sometimes the bank takes 1-2 days to transfer a payment, please have some patience.

If the status didn't change by tomorrow please feel free to sent us a note and we can manually try to find your payment.

Paypal usually shows up immediately if they don't flag it as suspicious.

Posted · New dual kit

I installed my kit on the weekend and it went really smooth. I did have to rebuild Marlin afterwards to set extruder count to 2. This should be added to the wiki. So far I've only printed a couple of calibration pieces, but it's looking good. I've got NetFabb printing dual extrusion and Cura... I think my settings are a little bit off in Cura since I had quite a bit of underextrusion.. In NetFabb I don't think it's retracting before changing extruders... which causes lots ooze... but I have to watch it a little close to see exactly what it's doing.

I haven't done anything more than a couple of cubes and a quick cylinder inside another cylinder yet.... I will try some more advanced models soon and post pictures.

Cheers,

Troy.

Posted · New dual kit

In the beginning i also had a lot of underextrusion, turns out my fan (i have dual fans) was cooling my aluminum heater block. 'Funny' thing was that it didn't do this with single extrusion, but dropping down the fan-speed to ~100 instead of 255 helped and now i am getting pretty good results too.

Are you printing at 190°C?

You also sometimes need to manually feed the filament in the beginning of your print, as 1 nozzle starts with the filament retracted, and sometimes not enough is being pushed back in the hot end again.

Posted · New dual kit

I think I was trying it at 210°C. I normally print at 185, but I upped it after my first attempt was under extruding. I don't think my fan is blowing on the aluminium, but it is something to check as they do sit lower now... but so does the fan so it should all be equivalent.

Cheers,

Troy.

Posted · New dual kit

Processing means we have not yet been able to confirm your payment.

We will only start preparing your order for shipment after we have been able to confirm the payment.

Sometimes the bank takes 1-2 days to transfer a payment, please have some patience.

If the status didn't change by tomorrow please feel free to sent us a note and we can manually try to find your payment.

Paypal usually shows up immediately if they don't flag it as suspicious.

I paied with paypal...

Posted · New dual kit

I would really love to see videos of the dual extruders in action

I saw the Vimeo video showing the assembly process and was a bit sad that at the very end, it showed the print in process for a few seconds. Stop teasing :)

Hello,

The way Ultimaker team updated the machine to the dual extrusion puzzled me !

I have upgraded mine for about 5~6 months, it is working fine and the header mecanism is not higher...

I put my 2 nozzles in front of the machine and i design new fan supports that fit fine (the head can move every where). http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:62528

I solved the old fan support problem with this new design...

Pictures :

http://www.mirari.fr/Wfl7

http://www.mirari.fr/XreI

I print the fan support with ABS because my last PLA supports was melding when i print with ABS (heated bed up to 120°c).

Ok my design need 2 fans but it is easy to make a board that extends the fan connectors for 2.