Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
x_pack

CURA 3.4 - 3.5 does not connect to 3D printer

Recommended Posts

Good day!

I have been trying to try your software several times already. Tried 3.4.1 does not connect, 3.5.1 does not connect.

I connect ANY other software on USB and everything works.

Tell me what to do with it and HOW to live? Really want to experience the vaunted software, but what's the problem with ?

I have no other way to connect a 3D printer except to connect a USB, I do not have a SD card.

Custom printer with Arduino DUO (Chinese DUO).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to have to go with this in reference to third party printers. Maybe the producers of those machines should invest a bit themselves. THEN let us see how cheap they remain.

 

Edit: It really is UM's responsiility towards thier user base and not the world. It is open source, so what is stopping them from putting forth a bit of effort?

 

It is not like they have to write a slicer from scratch. Just a profile.

Edited by kmanstudios
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 9:34 AM, kmanstudios said:

I am going to have to go with this in reference to third party printers. Maybe the producers of those machines should invest a bit themselves. THEN let us see how cheap they remain.

 

Edit: It really is UM's responsiility towards thier user base and not the world. It is open source, so what is stopping them from putting forth a bit of effort?

 

It is not like they have to write a slicer from scratch. Just a profile.

Well, getting the USB stuff to work is a bit more effort than just writing a profile, but it's nowhere near as much work as writing a slicer from scratch (for obvious reasons).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xm...

On 11/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, nallath said:

I don't need data, i need an actual machine to test with. Since Ultimaker pays my salary, it's not something that Ultimaker is going to spend resources on (Because let's face it, why would Ultimaker invest in fixing the software for third party printers even more?)

What?

You could have drawings of developments to make and to put you in the authors (in Chinese saying that they have driven the development of steal, and then out as the equipment you give them)?

Odd that now I take the doubt about your open source! All programs known to me WORK with Arduino DUO default out of the box!

It's not me stated that this is particularly an open source project, You say it is.

I can send you the firmware, it is no different from other compiled on Arduino for Cartesian, h-BOT, CoreXY (so the second time I do not get up support for all these 3, only the bearing swap).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xm...

6 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Why are the Chinese developers not writing a simple profile?

 

Also, I just gotta laugh at this line, "Chinese saying that they have driven the development of steal..." That seems to say a lot when you get down to it.

 

Profile of what? CURA?

I thought it was a few other developers from another country, or you want to say that the little Chinese children are also working on it?

OK, What do you know about STEEL production?

Well, this is a question because it is visible TO all software developers for 3D who may add a custom printer, do something wrong because the assembled printer immediately begins to work with this software (we now do not take the software component that is sharpened specifically for one manufacturer).

HOW SO, explain, AS well, in the firmware indicate the connection speed is 250000 and Your program breaking to communicate at 115200, 115200 indicate if YOUR program is breaking on 250000 at one and the same 14 port? You're making me laugh!)

It's not someone's words about adding a custom printer, it's the words Ultimaker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, x_pack said:

or you want to say that the little Chinese children are also working on it?

That is a reach. Did I say children? Hah! Musta hit a nerve there dude or, dudette....

 

1 hour ago, x_pack said:

Profile of what? CURA?

Printer Profile. You know, the thing that tells Cura how to interface with the printers.

 

1 hour ago, x_pack said:

OK, What do you know about STEEL production?

Your original post did not say Steel. It said steal. And, unless your printer is actually made of steel, I think 'steal' is the appropriate term.

 

 

1 hour ago, x_pack said:

Well, this is a question because it is visible TO all software developers for 3D who may add a custom printer, do something wrong because the assembled printer immediately begins to work with this software (we now do not take the software component that is sharpened specifically for one manufacturer).

Say whut?

 

1 hour ago, x_pack said:

You're making me laugh!

Happy to oblige? Say, did you hear about the person who bought a cheap printer and got pissed off because his manufacturer was too cheap to take time to write a simple printer profile and then blamed the manufacturer of another printer?

 

1 hour ago, x_pack said:

It's not someone's words about adding a custom printer, it's the words Ultimaker!

Exactly, their job is not to do someone else's work for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@x_pack: I don't get why you are upset. You write a rather rude and demanding post because Cura, which you downloaded free of charge, isn't plug-and-play with your specific, non-Ultimaker printer. @nallath very generously offers to fix your problems in his free time. Instead of being grateful, you continue yelling around (writing in caps is considered yelling on the internet) and writing rather confused posts where it is very difficult to find out what it is that you actually want. By the way, so far we don't even know which printer you are really talking about...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

Printer Profile. You know, the thing that tells Cura how to interface with the printers.

 

Note that nothing in the profile (or "printer definition") currently affects how Cura interfaces with printers. IE: nothing you can currently add to a printer definition can change if a printer is detected over USB.

 

The issue that some printers are not detected in Cura can only be fixed in the code of Cura.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

 

Note that nothing in the profile (or "printer definition") currently affects how Cura interfaces with printers. IE: nothing you can currently add to a printer definition can change if a printer is detected over USB.

 

The issue that some printers are not detected in Cura can only be fixed in the code of Cura.

This is good information and thank you for clarifying. ?

 

 

Edit: Ummm, Cura is open source, so why does not the manufacturer find the problem and then report it to Cura Devs? Looking for more clarification of process here to be honest.

 

Edited by kmanstudios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xm...

54 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

That is a reach. Did I say children? Hah! Musta hit a nerve there dude or, dudette....

Haha, not guessed it, you have that chair is ablaze?

57 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

Printer Profile. You know, the thing that tells Cura how to interface with the printers.

All stated, but you probably do not read well! This is not my program breaks at an incomprehensible speed in port 14!

1 hour ago, kmanstudios said:

Your original post did not say Steel. It said steal. And, unless your printer is actually made of steel, I think 'steal' is the appropriate term.

Then mixed with the steel, but the term is still appropriate. Provide equipment and someday we will do something, yeah with the use of my developments in your equipment ... found a fool!)

We know how technology and ideas are stolen.

Once again, other software products work, only this product does not work, other software manufacturers also did not provide anything even to the developers of Marlin.

1 hour ago, kmanstudios said:

Exactly, their job is not to do someone else's work for them.

This is just their work, for which they are paid money and they can not do it normally so that you can easily add a custom printer that can be added to the functionality, we would have long been such poachers fired!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P3D said:

I don't get why you are upset. You write a rather rude and demanding post because Cura, which you downloaded free of charge, isn't plug-and-play with your specific, non-Ultimaker printer. @nallath very generously offers to fix your problems in his free time. Instead of being grateful, you continue yelling around (writing in caps is considered yelling on the internet) and writing rather confused posts where it is very difficult to find out what it is that you actually want. By the way, so far we don't even know which printer you are really talking about...

I'm not yelling, it's just accentuation. Well, just so you know, if you can't read. help you. Above is written about the port and about the kinematics and about the control Board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

Note that nothing in the profile (or "printer definition") currently affects how Cura interfaces with printers. IE: nothing you can currently add to a printer definition can change if a printer is detected over USB.

 

The issue that some printers are not detected in Cura can only be fixed in the code of Cura.

Here I am. It is not a problem of my equipment, it is a problem of software which tries to do it is not clear what and it is not clear why!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

This is good information and thank you for clarifying. ?

 

 

Edit: Ummm, Cura is open source, so why does not the manufacturer find the problem and then report it to Cura Devs? Looking for more clarification of process here to be honest.

Hallelujah, come on, you're finally getting it! And now read once again my comments and can see about ports and speeds? About the control Board and kinematics!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, x_pack said:

This is just their work, for which they are paid money and they can not do it normally so that you can easily add a custom printer that can be added to the functionality, we would have long been such poachers fired!

Aside from all the other rants I am not even going to read, this is an incomprehensible mess.

 

Basically, their job is not to make sure Ultimaker's software interfaces with every printer on the planet. Their actual job is to make sure it interfaces with their printers. Why this is such a problem, I dunno, but at this point, with all the really, really bad translation statements and such, I am really not going to try to argue with someone that is complaining that they bought a printer, and then complains that something, not written for that printer, or should have ever been written for that printer does not interface.

 

Buy a cheap printer, well, you get what you paid for. Why this is so hard to understand escapes me.

 

But, I will say it again. Ultimaker's software team is not beholding to the "Other" printer community at large. They cannot solve every other printer's issues and should focus on their software/hardware solutions. And, it does make much more sense for them to solve their own issues for their printer base than everybody else's.

 

32 minutes ago, x_pack said:

Hallelujah, come on, you're finally getting it! And now read once again my comments and can see about ports and speeds? About the control Board and kinematics!) 

Uh, no, you missed this point entirely. The software is open sourced, and can be fixed and submitted by the manufacturer. So, yeah, I got a point wrong, but the philosophy remains the same. Why does your printer company not actually expend THEIR money to make things work? That is the question on the bottom line.

 

Try to read subtext and not specifics. I can get a tech point wrong, but does not support your argument at all. Again, when these cheap companies actually have to expend resources, it will not remain cheap.

 

But, I will also state that you seem to not get that someone, on team Cura, offered their time to fix your issue and yet you still rant against them because they are not going to buy your printer to fix the issue.

Edited by kmanstudios
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, x_pack said:

Once again, other software products work, only this product does not work, other software manufacturers also did not provide anything even to the developers of Marlin.

This is just their work, for which they are paid money and they can not do it normally so that you can easily add a custom printer that can be added to the functionality, we would have long been such poachers fired!

 

If "other software products work", why don't you use this other software? Have *you* paid Ultimaker or the other Cura contributors to develop their software for your printer? If not, let me remind you that you are *not* in a position to demand anything. You can politely ask for help, however.

 

10 minutes ago, x_pack said:

I'm not yelling, it's just accentuation. Well, just so you know, if you can't read. help you. Above is written about the port and about the kinematics and about the control Board.

 

Ah, so now you have switched to personal insults. 

 

It is not the job of the others to sift out the information you want to convey from dozens of vaguely coherent and sometimes rude posts written in barely intelligible English, it is your job to present this information in a clear, concise and adequately detailed way.

 

So if you want to get on with this, I think you should clearly state, in one post:

-which printer you have, and/or what control board you use exactly and how you connect the printer to your computer

-what you are trying to do

-what you have done so far to reach that goal

-where you are stuck, and where exactly it is that you think the people on this forum can help you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to properly test it i need the machine. Since I can't fix it during work time (As Ultimaker is paying me to make Ultimakers work better, not fixing other printers), i need to do it in my own time. In order to convince me to fix it in my own time, I want to get something in return (since I value my time and can think of more fun things to do with it).

 

That's why i say that if people want me to do something, they either ask it nicely, pitch a really really cool idea or pay me (or a combination of the above). In this case; sending me the printer will count as payment and help me actually fix the issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Aside from all the other rants I am not even going to read, this is an incomprehensible mess.

 

Basically, their job is not to make sure Ultimaker's software interfaces with every printer on the planet. Their actual job is to make sure it interfaces with their printers. Why this is such a problem, I dunno, but at this point, with all the really, really bad translation statements and such, I am really not going to try to argue with someone that is complaining that they bought a printer, and then complains that something, not written for that printer, or should have ever been written for that printer does not interface.

 

Buy a cheap printer, well, you get what you paid for. Why this is so hard to understand escapes me.

 

But, I will say it again. Ultimaker's software team is not beholding to the "Other" printer community at large. They cannot solve every other printer's issues and should focus on their software/hardware solutions. And, it does make much more sense for them to solve their own issues for their printer base than everybody else's.

Once again, especially for you! You either read what you write, you then fly in the clouds in your thoughts. You write such nonsense that I do not even know what to say and what to advise you and where to go. What a buy, a cheap printer?

5 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Uh, no, you missed this point entirely. The software is open sourced, and can be fixed and submitted by the manufacturer. So, yeah, I got a point wrong, but the philosophy remains the same. Why does your printer company not actually expend THEIR money to make things work? That is the question on the bottom line.

 

Try to read subtext and not specifics. I can get a tech point wrong, but does not support your argument at all. Again, when these cheap companies actually have to expend resources, it will not remain cheap.

 

But, I will also state that you seem to not get that someone, on team Cura, offered their time to fix your issue and yet you still rant against them because they are not going to buy your printer to fix the issue.

Edited 5 hours ago by kmanstudios

Are you reading what I'm writing or trying to rant like a Papuan? What a cheap company what cheap printers. I have mechanics is worth more expensive than a host Ultimaker in the cost of production, you know his the cost of production? I roughly know. And the rest of the price is a salary, bonuses in the pocket of the authorities and small investments in development. It's just because in school, unlike you, studied well, you can't even read what you wrote an opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, x_pack said:

You write such nonsense that I do not even know what to say

Bibbity bopity blingy blorp

 

4 minutes ago, x_pack said:

Are you reading what I'm writing or trying to rant like a Papuan?

Borp bop racist

 

4 minutes ago, x_pack said:

It's just because in school, unlike you, studied well, you can't even read what you wrote an opponent.

Ooo, eeh ooo ahh ahh ting tang walla walla bing bang

 

Seems you are more interested in ranting and arguing than actually providing the information that could help you.

 

and finally, Bingo bango bongo irving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, P3D said:

If "other software products work", why don't you use this other software? Have *you* paid Ultimaker or the other Cura contributors to develop their software for your printer? If not, let me remind you that you are *not* in a position to demand anything. You can politely ask for help, however.

The thing is, I normally asked for help, but what did I get in return? The flow of nonsense from narrow-minded and stupid some individuals. My question and depend on the stage of the issue, any advice on how and what to dig. If you think that I feel at least one emotion, you are mistaken. I wanted to compare the software to another one so publicly available but came across streams of stupidity. And I'm just the results will decide to recommend this software or not, most likely not.

5 hours ago, P3D said:

Ah, so now you have switched to personal insults. 

 

It is not the job of the others to sift out the information you want to convey from dozens of vaguely coherent and sometimes rude posts written in barely intelligible English, it is your job to present this information in a clear, concise and adequately detailed way.

 

So if you want to get on with this, I think you should clearly state, in one post:

-which printer you have, and/or what control board you use exactly and how you connect the printer to your computer

-what you are trying to do

-what you have done so far to reach that goal

-where you are stuck, and where exactly it is that you think the people on this forum can help you

That's what I'm talking about and initially, succinctly explained Everything! If you take it and read it you will get answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta
      Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta is available. It comes with new features, bug fixes, and UX improvements. We would really like to have your feedback on it to make our stable release as good as it can be. As always, you can download the beta for free from our website, for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
        • Like
      • 92 replies
    • Print Core CC | Red for Ruby
      Q: For some users, abrasive materials may be a new subject matter. Can you explain what it is that makes a material abrasive when you are not sure which print core to use?
      A: Materials which are hard in a solid piece (like metals, ceramics and carbon fibers) will generally also wear down the nozzle. In general one should assume...
        • Like
      • 30 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
        • Like
      • 12 replies
×

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!