VERY New to Ultimaker and Cura

joestefano

Posted · VERY New to Ultimaker and Cura

I received my S5, I cant print from Cura 3.6 either on USB or Network. I can print from S3D on the USB using .gcode file format and I can print the sample files on the USB that came with the unit in .ufp format. I have tried to save my file as .ufp and .gcode on to the USB but when I put it in the printer a warning message states "something wrong with the file" I know there is a known bug with the network. What am I missing???

Make sure you eject the USB before removing it.  Sometimes even though it looks like it's done copying it is still in progress for several seconds after it says it is done.

@smartavionics - any ideas?  Before 3.6 had you been using 3.5.1 successfully?  Please do "file" "save as project" and post the project file on this forum.

smartavionics This is my 1st Ultimaker. I have 2 CubeX printers converted to Duet boards and only used S3D. I am using Windows 10 on a brand new Alienware desktop. I again have tried to save to USB in both formats (ufp and gcode) I ejected the stick and both files when plugged into the S5 show up with the warning "something wrong with the file" I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Cura 3.6. or should I try 3.5.1? S3D works fine.

UMS5_finetune.3mf

UPDATE: Cura 3.5.1 works as expected. however I have loaded the rolls that came with the S5 Black Tough PLA  and PVA. The file is asking for a configuration change to Black Tough PLA. I don't see that color option when I load the printer, it only has listed the type of filament not color???

I am now going to reinstall 3.6 and try again. Stay Tuned

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.6 and it is working. what about this configuration message? did I miss something when I loaded the material? Can I chose a color on the printer

Posted (edited) · VERY New to Ultimaker and Cura

The printer should detect the UM ToughPLA spool itself when loading the material. You only have to confirm when the printer has detected the material.

Otherwise, if it could not be detected, due NFC is not working or the spool itself isn't registered (which I have with one spool) then choose ToughPLA and not PLA from the selection.

The message is just a warning, because you selected in Cura ToughPLA but at the printer you said just PLA, so the printer things you have to change the material to the right one.

Edited by Smithy

Thanks everybody for the help. I'm sure i'll need more as I test the S5/Cura

Off topic - I have 2 printers with Duet boards and they work great, don't they?

Absolutely!!! I was just ready for a change and a larger X-Y print volume for architectural prints. I wish Ultimaker used Duet boards! I miss my 7" screen. Thanks again for the help

IMG_2779.JPG