A lot of overextrusion I think...

ErenUenal

Posted · A lot of overextrusion I think...

Hello, dear community!

I've been printing some parts with red PLA at 205°C and a 60°C bed. The flow rate is set to 100% at the calibration cube. The rubber band gun was printed at 40% flow and the Lego brick wad also printed at 100% flow, but sliced at another newer computer with cura 3.5.0. The other parts are sliced at an older PC with cura 3.6.0, but it should not overextrude this bad... I also checked the filament diameter in cura an of the Filament, but it's both 1.75. The nozzle size is set to 0.4mm and I am using a 0.4mm one. Is there anything wrong with the PC or Cura? Another Filament also overextruded, but not so bad. 

Eren

1545082407776-1808872508.jpg

Impossible to say without knowing all your printer speeds and layer height. I will assume your line width is set to 0.4 and wall width a multiple of that, although they should not affect under/over extrusion unless there is serious variation. Are you using 1.75 filament?

Yes, I am using 1.75mm Filament. The printing speeds are from 25 mm/s (first layer) to 45 mm/s (inner wall). The Wall thikness is set to 0.8mm and the line width to 0.4mm. I will try the other PC soon, but I dont think that it will do much. Tanks anyways!