sharahamo

Calibration XY - Y grid in not printed (BUG)

Posted (edited) · Calibration XY - Y grid in not printed (BUG)

I am using Ultimaker 3 and trying to do the XY levelling for the first time. However, the printer does not seem to print the Y grid, while the X grid prints fine. Apparently this happens due to the material not being extruded, and because Y is being printed first, no material comes out. When in X, the material already reaches the nozzle and prints the grid. I know that the material is pulled from the nozzle when not in use. But this seems like a stupid setup, probably a bug in the software? 

The X and Y grids print fine when I move the material manually prior  to calibration

Shouldn't Ultimaker move the material first before printing the grids like in the normal print?

Edited by sharahamo

Posted · Calibration XY - Y grid in not printed (BUG)

Firmware 5.2.8, I assume? It's a bug and Ultimaker is working on a bugfix.

Yeah, looks like you've been caught out by a bug in Ultimaker's brand new 'Unified' firmware. The 'Unified' being important because it's now been 2 and a half weeks since I've been able to X/Y calibrate either of our printers...

@piphil @Dim3nsioneer many thanks for confirming that this is a bug. Yes I am using the latest firmware. Hopefully this will be fixed soon or is there's any way to report this bug? I reckon somebody else has done this. 

yep it's a known and reported bug, and as you mention there's an easy workaround, just push the material manually (open the feeder lever and just push filament to the end) and all is good.

Or you can just enter 0,0 for the calibration values as that is usually close enough for most things one would print.  The units for calibration are 0.1mm.  Unfortunately another thing about the upgrade is it seems to have changed the "old" xy cal values to random numbers sometimes as large as 30 (3mm).