Ultimaker 2 shipping, wait time?

thebuckun

Posted · Ultimaker 2 shipping, wait time?

Hi-

New to the forum, Ultimaker, 3d printing, everything.

I just ordered an Ultimaker 2 last week and I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with the turnaround time on orders for these shiny new models? I had heard the Ultimaker1 was about 3 days to fill the order and then under a week shipping time to the US.

I figured before I bug support with a ticket (they're hopefully busy!) I would ask the community here what their experience was like ordering/shipping the U2.

TIA,

Peter

Note the "On a pro rata basis." I rather not want people to have false expectations. We're taking extra care that all machines shipped are working properly before shipping them. As we will start shipping the 21st I'm not 100% sure that we can fill all orders directly on the 21st.

I'm not part of shipping or sales, so I do not know the exact numbers. But I hear things in our small company. We are feeling the pressure on us, and everyone is chipping in to get everything done ASAP.

So if you are sitting on the 21st refreshing your email all day for a shipping notification you might get disappointed. Just want to prevent disappointment :-) but you won't be disappointed with the machine!

(Another small funny fact, when I ordered my UM-Original kit 2 years ago, the lead time from payment to shipping was 5 weeks. Right now UM-Originals are usually shipped from stock)

When I spoke to the guys at the NEC the other week, I was told that things would take a while, given the fact that they were in the middle of a launch and having come straight from the USA to the UK, sounds perfectly reasonable tbh.

I would rather they go to the effort of testing these new devices fully before release to the masses. Perfect business sense IMHO.

I'm trying to use the time productively, learning 3D drawing software. So hopefully by the time it arrives I can hit the ground running rather than just printing other folks designs. I'm currently on a very steep learning curve lol

Hi Everyone,

Well after visiting the NEC and seeing lots of printers including the Ultimaker 2, followed by a week of weighty deliberations I've just ordered one. I'm coming from an UP background and really want the extra build space.

I did here on the stand that UM2's would start shipping in the middle of this month, trouble is I've no idea how far down the queue I am. I'll give it a week, then start nagging (:-)

A week? lol. Well they aren't supposed to ship the first one for another 2 weeks.

Hi Everyone,

Well after visiting the NEC and seeing lots of printers including the Ultimaker 2, followed by a week of weighty deliberations I've just ordered one. I'm coming from an UP background and really want the extra build space.

I did here on the stand that UM2's would start shipping in the middle of this month, trouble is I've no idea how far down the queue I am. I'll give it a week, then start nagging ( :smile:

The buildspace on the UM2 won't disappoint you. If you are expecting shipment within a week from now, then you will be disappointed. No amount of nagging will help. The 21st the first will ship, during the initial launch this date was not set in stone, but it is now. However, after this initial shipping date, I still think you'll have to wait a week due to the large amount of orders already placed, and the extra care we are putting in making sure every single machine is working properly.

Asides kidnapping Daid's cat and holding it hostage, I think you have a few weeks to go :cool: :mrgreen:

Asides kidnapping Daid's cat and holding it hostage, I think you have a few weeks to go :cool: :mrgreen:

That would only get you brutally murdered, nobody tries to steal my cat.

Nooooo.....

My purchase is conditional that no cats anywhere on the planet are harmed in the making or shipping of my UM2, otherwise I'll have to cancel.

Nooooo.....

My purchase is conditional that no cats anywhere on the planet are harmed in the making or shipping of my UM2, otherwise I'll have to cancel.

I can confirm that my cat has received lots of petting during the development of the UM2. (I do some of my best thinking work while petting my cat)

ahhh... for some reason I first read petting as 'pelting'... i.e. throwing things at your cat. What a horribly cruel thing to do while you're thinking... glad I re-read it before calling the animal welfare people ;)

I agree, I have three cats, all resuced from shelters. They are getting old now (14, 13 and 9) but are great companions. They cautiously watch the Ultimaker do its work, sitting on the chair and quietly observing.

So, anyone get their UM2 yet?

I ordered and paid on 27 Sept but my order still says the shipment is "ready." That's running a 2 week backlog for my order that was placed 3 weeks prior to the launch date. I understand they're shipping them on a pro-rata basis.

Anyone who ordered before then get their UM2 yet, maybe we could start to collect some data points on what the turnaround is like during this initial large number of orders at launch?

TIA!

Hey thebuckun,

habe a look at this thread.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3255-ultimaker%C2%B2-lead-time-update/&do=findComment&comment=24692

I got mine for about 2 weeks, but ordered it some days before you.

regards

Thanks jamboy! It looks like they're shipping about 6 weeks after the order date, so I might get mine in a week or so.