Playdale

Ultimaker Cloud Firewall Settings?

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud Firewall Settings?

Hey,

We have just upgraded our Ultimaker 3 to 5.2.11 Firmware and we are using Cura 4.1.

When we try to connect to the Cloud through Cura connect it stays on the 'trying to connect' screen for ages and does nothing else until we cancel (I have waited for over 30 mins).  We have a port ope so we can view the camera stream from offsite over a VPN and so was wondering if anyone else has had issues or know of any reason why this or our Firewall could cause a problem.

I'm happy to provide further details if you want or need them.

Thanks

Adam

If your firewall accepts all outgoing connections to *.ultimaker.com (on port 443) it should work fine. Your incoming open port for the webcam should not affect Ultimaker Cloud connections. Are you able to reach for example account.ultimaker.com on a laptop that is running in the same network?

I am having the same issue, have you found a solution. I have tried port trigger and port forwarding with no success.

Any help will be appreciated. UM S3

73DC59C0-AE3C-4D1A-BD2F-A2AA0260704D.jpeg

You don't need any port forwarding rules and you should not do that. With your setup, the printer is reachable from the world. So everyone can access your printer, start a new print, stop a current print and so on. So please remove all these port forwarding from your router.

To get the Ultimaker cloud working, you have just to ensure, that the printer can connect outside to the internet. So the printer establishes a connection to UM cloud server and when you run Cura somewhere else on a different network, your Cura installation will connect to UM cloud server too and the UM cloud acts like a "router" to send print jobs to your printer.

The web stream is not working via cloud yet, but you should be able to send new print jobs to the printer.

• Like 1

As @Smithy indicates, opening your firewall is not recommended at all. Any device in your network would be reachable from the Internet, for example by automated systems like botnets that continuously search for available servers to exploit. Any device in your network could then potentially be a stepping stone to infiltrate the rest.

Ultimaker Cloud (https://mycloud.ultimaker.com) only requires Cura and the printer to be able to reach the internet from within your local network, not the other way around. For now functionality is limited compared to Ultimaker Connect, but more features will be coming soon.

Thanks guys, I just cleared all ports. I guess for now I will just have to settle with connecting within the network. I do follow the process to initiate cloud based access but I just get the loading screen with no change (30 min+) and nothing communicating back to the printer. 

94FE45BC-FF90-4613-968A-06A457CC09BC.png

Which firmware version are you running? Could you send the printer logs to me (downloadable via the printer's display to USB drive).

Hello together,

we're experiencing the same problem. We can't connect our printer to the cloud. Firmware is up-to-date. 

We have a watchguard firewall. Port 443 is not blocked.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Novoluto_Max said:

Hello together,

we're experiencing the same problem. We can't connect our printer to the cloud. Firmware is up-to-date. 

We have a watchguard firewall. Port 443 is not blocked.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Which printer type and firmware version are you running?

8 minutes ago, ctbeke said:

Which printer type and firmware version are you running?

We have the S3 as a host for another two 3 extended and three S3.

Firmware version for the S3 is 

7 minutes ago, Novoluto_Max said:

We have the S3 as a host for another two 3 extended and three S3.

Firmware version for the S3 is 

In that case you're running into a bug that is specific for S3. Our embedded firmware developers are looking into this and a patch will be made available once fixed.