amfli1984

Help With Cura On First Layer

Posted · Help With Cura On First Layer

Hey guys 

So my issue is that the first layer does not print a full first layer it does everything but the 3 mm around the object. On the second layer it will come back and fill in those 3mm around the object but it makes the surface look really bad. Is there anyway to make cura print the full first layer on the first layer run?

Most likely your object - your STL file isn't sitting flat.  But if you could upload a photo or even better also upload the 3mf file of your project someone could then help you.

• Like 1

Im sorry what is a 3mf File again? Wow I just checked the model and it was sitting at.01 on the z axis, let me see if that helps. Thanks.

Hi so here is a photo of the print on the 2nd layer. I adjusted the z yo sit flat but it still wont print the full first layer on the first layer pass.

15606238175914377516615850853723.jpg

14 hours ago, amfli1984 said:

Im sorry what is a 3mf File again? Wow I just checked the model and it was sitting at.01 on the z axis, let me see if that helps. Thanks.

It’s a Cura project file. In Cura, use File.Save. It will ask you where to save the file.

You just need the nozzle closer to the print bed when printing the first layer.

To prove this you could simply push up on the bed or down on the print head while it prints the first layer and you will see it's fine.  You only need to move them about 0.1 or 0.2mm closer.