Jump to content
SysGhost

Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Hi. First post here, so why not make it a "bug report"? 😃

 

I'm a linux user, (More precise Arch Linux), and also active in the linux community.

Just got started with 3D-printing with a Ultimaker 2+

 

Everything is going fine so far with the windows version. So I thought I'd give the linux version a shot.
Said and done, I decided to pull it from the github and compile it (according to Arch Linux standards that is)

Version 4.1 got compiled in and starts up, and once it has started it presents me a "Welcome screen". At first I had no idea what to do with it, as it was impossible to interact with it. No buttons. No inputs or anything on the welcome splash. I remember from the windows version that there's supposed to be buttons at the bottom of the welcome screen, so one can proceed. These buttons are missing completely with the linux version, making it impossible to interact with the welcome screen. See screenshot.

 

I also attached a console log.

 

If you need anything else, I'd happily provide it. Thanks for a great work so far.

 



 

linux-cura-stuck-at-welcome-because-buttons-are-missing.png

linux-cura-stuck-at-welcome-because-buttons-are-missing.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Are you using the AppImage version? If not, please try that.

 

There are some issues between Cura and newer versions of Qt. By using the AppImage, you will use a Qt version that is tested with Cura.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

I don't think he's using the appimage. We've been getting a lot of bug reports from arch linux users (yay for posting them though, you guys do make really good bug reports), but in all cases they didn't use the appimage.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

I'm on it. Will try out the app image right away.

Personally I prefer running applications as native as possible.

 

I'm glad to hear it's a known problem with the later QT versions. I remember reading that somewhere out there.

 

I wonder, are there other container/package formats officially supported? Snap? Flatpak? etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Only the AppImage is tested and supported on linux by Ultimaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Understood. Will use the appimage from here on.


Why you're receiving lots of bug reports from Arch users and those who use similar distributions based on Arch is likely due to the nature of how packages are managed in these distributions. Many tend to favor pulling down source code and build  it for their own local repositories. (AUR. Arch User Repository). Arch makes this process tremendously easy with powerful tools, even for intermediate users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Yeah, I know how they work. But this doesn't guarantee that the exact same dependencies are used as we tested (which is why we can't really provide support for it). It's already tricky enough to provide support for what we have right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Hello @SysGhost, I have been working on this issue and think I have a solution. If you are using Cura from source could you please try using the mb-master branch in git@github.com:smartavionics/Uranium.git and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks.

 

Alternative URL for repo is https://github.com/smartavionics/Uranium.git

Edited by burtoogle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.
9 hours ago, burtoogle said:

Hello @SysGhost, I have been working on this issue and think I have a solution. If you are using Cura from source could you please try using the mb-master branch in git@github.com:smartavionics/Uranium.git and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks.

 

Alternative URL for repo is https://github.com/smartavionics/Uranium.git

I'll give it a burl. Will return with my findings soon. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

Back again.
With Uranium from the git mentioned above installed, and cura rebuilt with it, it still makes no difference.
I've attached a log if needed.

 

...and Yes. I did use the mb-master.

 

Here's the pkgbuild file I made for it: http://ix.io/1PAb

 

 

cura-console.log

Edited by SysGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.

The fix is now merged into Ultimaker/master so you don't have to use my repo.

 

Looking at your log, you have other problems:

 

2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [84]: Exception: Import error loading module USBPrinting
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: Traceback (most recent call last):
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/UM/PluginRegistry.py", line 539, in _findPlugin
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     module = imp.load_module(plugin_id, file, path, desc) #type: ignore #MyPy gets the wrong output type from imp
.find_module for some reason.
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 244, in load_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return load_package(name, filename)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 216, in load_package
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return _load(spec)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 696, in _load
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/USBPrinting/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     from . import USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/USBPrinting/USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py", line 6, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     import serial.tools.list_ports
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'serial'

 

Also...

 

2019-07-26 15:51:32,773 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [84]: Exception: Import error loading module AMFReader
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: Traceback (most recent call last):
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/UM/PluginRegistry.py", line 539, in _findPlugin
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     module = imp.load_module(plugin_id, file, path, desc) #type: ignore #MyPy gets the wrong output type from imp.find_module for some reason.
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 244, in load_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return load_package(name, filename)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 216, in load_package
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return _load(spec)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 696, in _load
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/AMFReader/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     from . import AMFReader
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/AMFReader/AMFReader.py", line 20, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     import trimesh
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'trimesh'

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.
3 hours ago, burtoogle said:

The fix is now merged into Ultimaker/master so you don't have to use my repo.

 

Looking at your log, you have other problems:

 

2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [84]: Exception: Import error loading module USBPrinting
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: Traceback (most recent call last):
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/UM/PluginRegistry.py", line 539, in _findPlugin
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     module = imp.load_module(plugin_id, file, path, desc) #type: ignore #MyPy gets the wrong output type from imp
.find_module for some reason.
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 244, in load_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return load_package(name, filename)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 216, in load_package
2019-07-26 15:51:32,769 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return _load(spec)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 696, in _load
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/USBPrinting/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     from . import USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/USBPrinting/USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py", line 6, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     import serial.tools.list_ports
2019-07-26 15:51:32,770 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'serial'

 

Also...

 

2019-07-26 15:51:32,773 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [84]: Exception: Import error loading module AMFReader
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: Traceback (most recent call last):
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/UM/PluginRegistry.py", line 539, in _findPlugin
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     module = imp.load_module(plugin_id, file, path, desc) #type: ignore #MyPy gets the wrong output type from imp.find_module for some reason.
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 244, in load_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return load_package(name, filename)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/imp.py", line 216, in load_package
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     return _load(spec)
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 696, in _load
2019-07-26 15:51:32,774 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/AMFReader/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     from . import AMFReader
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:   File "/usr/lib/cura/plugins/AMFReader/AMFReader.py", line 20, in <module>
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]:     import trimesh
2019-07-26 15:51:32,775 - ERROR - [MainThread] UM.Logger.logException [88]: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'trimesh'

 

 

 

I saw that, but both USB printing and AMF reader shouldn't affect the welcome screen or any UI related elements. Right?

Anyhow I will try the master tree as well.

 

Thanks for the support and work so far. (^.^)b

Edited by SysGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4.1 - Stuck at welcome screen. Buttons are missing.
On 7/26/2019 at 8:10 PM, SysGhost said:

I saw that, but both USB printing and AMF reader shouldn't affect the welcome screen or any UI related elements. Right?

Those should not have an effect on the welcome screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!