Problem with 3th party (Igus) print material on UM2

mtths22

Posted · Problem with 3th party (Igus) print material on UM2

Hello,

I am little new here, but i have a problem i cannot solve. So i will try here to find a sollution. 

A little background:

Using UM2 with Igus material iglidur® I150-PF. Making slide bushings for verious applications. 

https://www.igus.nl/product/12404

Settings : 0.4mm nozzle, 0.15mm layer height , 60mm/s print speed.

Extruder 245°C, Build plate 65°C

When printing there are 45° lines extra on the inner and sometimes on the outer shell.

It seems to be extra material and i tried a lot of different settings to remove it. Nothing seems to help. The weird thing is that a year ago i had no problems at all. So is there something changed in the default settings in Cura that can affect / produce this? See attached image for details of my problem.

The line seems to be random, but that is so far i can see.

Its is the Z-hop? Retraction? 

Please help, would be i big help if somebody can help me solved this challenge.

IMG_0227.jpg

Slide busch_V6.3mf

I had similar issues printing nylon-which I’m guessing is similar in nature to this material. 

Try drying your filament. Also try enclosing your printer to keep the temp stable and prevent air currents.

Johnse,

Thanks for you reply, but it is nog the "spiderweb" but de hard 1mm thick line on the inside of the corner that is the problem.

A year ago i did 40 of these prints with no problems. Current i am testing with old cura, because it feels like they made a change in cure that effects mij print. 

I you have any more information this is always helpfull. Thans for your inside information. 

You mean that dirty line going down? Could that be nozzle-leakage that is deposited?

When printing PET, I have often seen that the nozzle leaks a little bit while traveling through air. And then on reaching the next wall, that drop is deposited on the side of the wall. On the next layer, another drop is deposited. And so on.

If material accumulates on the outside of the nozzle, that could sag and also get deposited as blobs on the print.

Not sure this is the cause, but it seems a possibility? I would say: just keep watching closely what happens while printing.

Posted (edited) · Problem with 3th party (Igus) print material on UM2

Geert_2

Yes Its about the dirty line. You theory is not that far of i think. But i dont now how the fix it.

A year ago with new fillemant there was no problem. This roll is more than a year old, was vacuum sealed but it got a little moist i think.

Will investigate more and will look at you suggenstions.

Thanks for the information.

Edited by mtths22

Posted (edited) · Problem with 3th party (Igus) print material on UM2

Hi, 

in case you are still struggling with this:

For this igus material (I150-PF) the problem is indeed moisture uptake, along with maybe a little bit too high temperature.

When filament with some moisture content gets "boiled" in the nozzle, it degrades, changing its color and becoming less viscous - sometimes even dripping out the nozzle. This effect also leads to the material expanding when extruding, which looks like overextrusion. The result is the buildup of material around the nozzle, which gets deposited on the part when the nozzle hits the spot where material was stuck before.

Try drying your spool at 65 °C for around 4-6 hours, then print using around 98% flow and start at 235 °C - if layer adhesion becomes an issue, go up 5 or 10 °C. This also explains why it was working fine one year ago!

While not as much of an issue with I180-PF, this material also benefits from drying. 

HTH, Niklas

Edited by neute