Urgent help needed

St1ckN1nja

Posted · Urgent help needed

My ultimaker 2 prints fine up to last few layers PLA.

Then suddenly it starts to print in random directions and the bed forces the printed part into the printhead and destroys the printed part.

This happens with all the things i have printed recently.

Please help ASAP

Thank you

Posted · Urgent help needed

First look at your part in layer view to be sure these crazy movements aren't part of the gcode.

But that is unlikely.

More likely your um2 is getting errors when reading the SD card. 

1) try a different sd card.  Buy one if you don't have any spares.

2) try cleaning the sd card slot.  I had to take my um2 apart and clean that slot very well.  I found a tiny hair in there (eyelash maybe) and after cleaning the random motions went away.

You might be able to get away with just compressed air and not disassembling but that hair was very stubborn for me.

Before you disassemble anything note that if you slide the bed up and look inside there is a semi clear part with a hole in it - you can see that if you put a small screwdriver in that hole and push it pushes the main control knob off.  That was the only tricky step for me.  once you expose the nut you can remove the nut and remove the screws that hold the cover on and remove the screws holding that small pcb down.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies