Air Manager Firmware

Gabriele

Posted · Air Manager Firmware

The first part will be printed with the activated Air Manager. We will see....

PS: is it possible, that the printing plate will be hotter as before?

- The plate is hotter for me

- There was a yellow message on the display screen (very hot)

I reset the plate temparature to 40° (before 60°) and now it's better.

5 minutes ago, Roli4711 said:

DON'T USE THE NEW FIRMWARE!!!

IT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY WITH THE AIR MANAGER!!!

UNBELIEVABLE

I'm using it and it's working correctly...

Where I can find the old firmware (5.2.11)?

I *MUST* print several objects and can't do this with this f...g new Firmware.

25 minutes ago, erre-enne said:

I'm using it and it's working correctly...

The Air Manager works. But not the printing. 

In the last 2 1/2 month I've printed the same object 30 times (about 56 days printing time with the same print core). I've printed the last part from yesterday 23:45 until 16:59 today. After this, I update to the new firmware.

And now: Warning on Display: Surface is very hot (and yes, the plate is very, very hot).

The adhesion directly on the glass, which until has worked perfectly, is no longer available!

The filament is no longer spent cleanly.

And this all within 1 hour, same filament roll, which is cut clean.

Or is not it the new firmware.

PS: The Printcore was cleaned last night with cleaning material.

1 hour ago, Roli4711 said:

And now: Warning on Display: Surface is very hot (and yes, the plate is very, very hot).

The warning on the display is new, yes, but the surface should be as hot as before, it is just a new warning.

1 hour ago, Roli4711 said:

The adhesion directly on the glass, which until has worked perfectly, is no longer available!

2 hours ago, Roli4711 said:

I reset the plate temparature to 40° (before 60°) and now it's better.

With 40° this does not surprise me, simply print the file exactly as before. 

Posted (edited) · Air Manager Firmware

@Smithy

40°: If you would like to clean the plate after a first bad print, and could'nt tip on the plate because this was so hot, you will make this change ;-). Before the update, it wasn't a problem. And it was the first time I try to make it with 40°. But also with 60°, I don't have a good adhesion with the using of the Air Manager. I don't know if it is the AM or the new Firmware.

Edited by Roli4711

After 5-6 hours of tests, I found new settings (print temparature a little bit higher (200 to 205)), printing the first shift a little bit slower (from 30 to 25). Now, it works for me. But the noise is the next part, Ultimaker must make a change. Is it necessary, to run always in the same mode? For this, there will be other and cheaper parts. I know, there will be an update in the next time.

At the moment, I'm not very happy. But it works.

@kotsoym: I have nearly the same problem. The Firmware settings will not work properly. There is an Error message with the result that the fun is running with full speed. The noise is completly horroble. You are able to clearly hear the Airmanager through 3 closed doors from the second level of my house to the ground floor. I got o lot of trouble with my wife....and that is not good ;-(

The temperatures are working fine from my side, but i have the same warning like you have.

After two months waiting the airmanager is still not working properly. I will wait for an answer from Sander who hopefully is able to analyze the log file.

I realy think about to send the airmanager back. I will contact tomorrow igo3d what the next steps will be, if got no reliable information when this problem is fixed. It is absolutly unacceptable what happens here.

In conclusion the Airmanager is NOT WORKING! 

Edited by zungara

So to be clear, the latest firmware enables the air manager but only at full speed (100%).

The latest firmware was focused on the material station.

Future firmware releases will manage different speeds depending on the materials. 

I'm not sure about the noise, the video posted earlier shows indeed quite some noise, maybe it's related to the 100% setting and will be less high on most materials that need the air manager?

Sorry this statement makes me very angry. I have got the airmanager since 14.10.19 and it is not working. Normaly i send back a not working device directly, but i know that is "only" a software problem. I thought you are working with high priority on solving the software problems. I spend more than 800,00 Euro for something that is not working. And now you tell me that the Airmanager is only a low priority issue? The more i think about this behavior the more i get realy angry!

1 hour ago, DidierKlein said:

Then I wonder why not an intermediate version of the firmware was released to activate only the Air Manager. I think a lot of us use only the Air Manager and the smaller part also the Material Station.

If the Air Manager has only a small priority, then the current version of the firmware for the Air Manager would probably have been available since the beginning in this version and could have been released for a long time ago.

@SandervG I have the same problem of @Roli4711.

Tomorrow I launched a print I did lot's of time and it didn't worked. I had the warning "Surface is very hot" and the print didn't adhere anymore on the glass plate. Same settings as ever. 

Another problem I have is that when I abort the print the air manager didn't shut down. 

I have deactivated it for the moment, I hope Ultimaker will release a more reliable firmware and the option to control the Air manager power.

Edited by Gabriele

1 minute ago, Gabriele said:

and the print didn't adhere anymore on the glass plate. Same settings as ever. 

Print the first layer a little bit slower and set the print temparature of the filament a little bit higher.

@zungara @Roli4711

First thing: i'm not working at Ultimaker (just to be clear).

I understand your frustration. And i also agree that when you buy something it should work as intended. It's not clear to me why some customers received the units and other not, i think it would have been better that the units would have been sent after the firmware fixes are done but it was not possible as some bugs were found a bit late from what i understood.

So regarding priority, it would have been the same for people who have the material station (if the priority would have been set the other way around).

I'm pretty sure the team is working hard to satisfy everybody

40 minutes ago, Gabriele said:

the print didn't adhere anymore on the glass plate. Same settings as ever. 

I could imagine that the fan draws too much warm air to the outside and that this might result in poorer adhesion.

Does not have to be true, but it would be a logical explanation for me why you now have this problem, which was not the case before.

2 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I could imagine that the fan draws too much warm air to the outside and that this might result in poorer adhesion.

Does not have to be true, but it would be a logical explanation for me why you now have this problem, which was not the case before.

Seems to be a logical explanation. Therefore, possibly a little hotter nozzle and the plate is warmer than before.

1 minute ago, Roli4711 said:

and the plate is warmer than before

It could be that it has to be reheated constantly or very often if too much heat is lost. The result could then be a much hotter surface than before. However, the fact that the adhesion is worse speaks against this.

But it's all just guesswork. Even if the fan runs 100%, it can't cool down the plate that much. Very strange. 

@Roli4711  I didn't buy a 6.500 Euros printer to be a scientist and start tuning the speed and the temperatures...I buy Ultimaker for the solution it gives me and I buy their materials to have a piece of mind..Spending 600 on the air manager and spending tons of time to tune is not the way.. if it doesn't work I will send it back.. This machine is a tool for me not a toy..

@zungara I know what you mean I have the same problems as you exactly and totally agree on what you say..I also bought the air manager beginning of November and still cannot use it.

@SandervG releasing a firmware which works 100% of the air manager just to say you released the firmware is not the solution.. WE could make it also alone by connecting to a power source and give 12 V and still work at 100 % without the firmware..

Please give us a way to roll back again to the previous version and give you more time to fix it really this time..At least you have to do it for the users who want to roll back.. I am one of them..
    I prefer not to work it a all than working like this..

You made a mistake on the firmware..Thats ok no problem.. At least give us the previous versions to stop this issue here...You saw that all community is here to help you and send videos and comment for the problem...Tell all these issues to your engineers and when they have a solution please come back...

Edited by kotsoym

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know we're looking into the reports and will get back with you throughout the day. 

2 minutes ago, kotsoym said:

Please give us a way to roll back again to the previous version and give you more time to fix it really this time..At least you have to do it for the users who want to roll back.. I am one of them..
    I prefer not to work it a all than working like this..

Hi, we can do that if you feel you want to go that route. I'll provide you with instructions on how to do it in a few moments. Thank you for your time and patience! 

@kotsoym I Uninstalled the Air Manager and launched the same print again. 

No "hot plate" warning and the print adhered well.