Philip92

Ultimaker Nylon Warping

Posted · Ultimaker Nylon Warping

Hi 

I have been trying to print the Ultimaker Nylon but the parts keep warping from the bed, First I tried with Glue stick as recommended, then tried it with the Dimma fix adhesive spray and the part still warped. 

The part had a brim, first the bed was at 70 degrees and I tried it at 95 degrees with the Dimma fix as well but they all warped.

The prints tend to be very long about 10 hours, even with the Dimma fix at 95 degrees the part warped after about 6 hours of printing. 

Anyone have experience printing large Nylon prints?

Thanks.

I use this a lot on an S5. I never use anything other than 3D Lac and pretty much the standard profile and never had a problem with warping until the parts were subjected to water and hot sun.

Make sure you allow the bed to cool before taking the parts off, this may help.

Ive done a fair bit of long think nylon pieces with a lot of warping issues initially.

I learned two things that really helped.

Dry the roll before use, 60 degrees on the build plate and leave the roll in the chamber (enclosed) for a few hours.

I used way too much glue stick initially, just a very thin layer or print will detach.

Hi AndersK

Thanks for the tip will dry the filament again and see how that works, We have a climate chamber where I work so I can set that to 10% humidity and dry it for a few hours.