Ultimaker S5 Startup Problem

ewanoss9

Posted · Ultimaker S5 Startup Problem

Hello,

I've been using my S5 for a few weeks now, doing small quick prints which have come out just fine. Last week i had a problem of material grinding, but the wonderful people on here helped me sort it!

I have a rather unusual problem that's cropped up now..i switch the printer on and the screen flashes a few times as do the lights, then it says 'Ultimaker' for a split second then it stays as a blank black (but visibly still on) screen.  I've tried unplugging and plugging in again but i still have the same issue.

What do you think this issue is? I thought it could be the printer reacting to a firmware update but i haven't updated it recently.

Hope you can help,

Ewan

• 6 months later...

Has anyone solved this problem?  My brand new Ultimaker s5 did this as I was trying to do the 1st setup .  It went through the extruder process and then the screen went blank (but is still obviously on, just with nothing showing).  I have restarted the printer at least 15 times.   I've even unplugged it and left it overnight hoping it would reboot correctly in the morning, but no luck.  

I actually had this problem and I was told by jgaurora to check all the plugs and what I mean is underneath is a small compartment type take that off and make sure the plugs to screen are in properly after I confirmed the plugs were in they sent me a new motherboard that I had to install which I did now I am having a problem with the sd card not being read printer says file may be lost.  Still figuring this solution out.   you can get help from support@jgaurora    or there are videos to help on utube   good luck

I have the same problem. 

When i u plug the usb stick its starts working again. I don't know why but that is the fix for me

On 1/28/2021 at 9:09 AM, StudioKubuz said:

I have the same problem. 

When i u plug the usb stick its starts working again. I don't know why but that is the fix for me

Was there anything specific on the usb stick?

My S5 is stuck at the black Ultimaker screen. Was working fine last time it was on. Powered it up today and it won't complete the boot process. No errors on the screen, just seems stuck.

No, there was not. 
    i just unplugged the usb and did a reboot. That resolved the problem. 

On 6/24/2020 at 11:08 PM, klomas said:

support@jgaurora

Any updates on this? My machine was printing and stated there was an internal power error - now it will not get passed the Ultimaker logo screen. 

Has anybody found the fix ?

My S5 is stuck at the Ultimaker screen, this is not black but you cannot do anything as there is no menu, just le logo Ultimaker.

What is strange is that the printer is working but didn't disply anything and you cannot acknoledge when printing is finished...

Power cycle sometimes unlock the situation and allow you to confim...

Sounds a bug in the software...

I'm running firmware 8.1.1