AAGC

S5 lines in my wall and blobs

Posted · S5 lines in my wall and blobs

Hello everyone,

Having problems since de beginning. We try 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm print head and we still have horizontal line and blobs on the vertical wall. We use recommended setup in cura. We use the last update and still have this problems. 4.4.1

What are the solution for revolving this problems, the photo is printed with a 0.6mm head print and we use Ultimaker PLA at 55$ a 750g

We are very desappointed by the quality of the print

ultimaker problems.jpg

Hi,

May I ask which firmware version you are using?

The reason why I ask is because the update 5.4.27 introduced some improvements that prevent the appearance of blobs. So it could help in this case.

The last one i'm up to date

Is there a higher res picture available?  Trying to see the defects you mention

Better view of the problem

Pla S5.jpg

guys isnt that over extrusion, or maybe - even the printer just shaking the table it sits on?

@AAGC  you should post a 3mf file with the settings you used to that maybe some can replicate or look more in depth.

You might need to slow the print speed down and edit your wall sizes for a thin wall print with cut outs in them, its going make the printhead make a lot of fast movements thats going add a lot of vibration into the part being printed, even more so if the printer is trying to fill in a gap between the walls.

Hi AACG,

I’m sorry to see this problem you have here, however I’ll think your printer is Ok..

I’ve been looking at your posting about this problem, so let’s start from there.

In the very beginning your print temperature seems to be too high, so why? Lots of stringing and kind of well joined lines. Also you will need to slow down your printing speed, the repeated vertical lines close to edges is sign of high speed and high deceleration before the corner/details etc.

Those lines are visible in many places and tell this story.

The last picture has another "story" as this is a picture of a model printed with filament that is attracted by water moisture. The lines will move randomly from side to side at corner change -due to relief of vapor.

Even in this print, the speed is to high.

Have some “confirmed fresh” new good PLA filament and do another test.

The need of storing filament in a dry box containing water dehydrator is very important.

Do some test print of some test object that’s fast to print and find the proper settings.

I can tell you that I’ve had a brittle PLA filament contained water and struggled a long time before I found this out. I’ve printed a number of models ended up just like your last example.

Thanks

Torgeir

Thanx for the comments. The PLA was just out of the box.

Everyone say speed what is the parameter that we have to modify to slow down the speed.

Anyone have a setup for this type of print with slim wall it will be appreciate.

2 minutes ago, AAGC said:

Everyone say speed what is the parameter that we have to modify to slow down the speed.

My answer may sound silly, but the parameter is called "Print Speed" 🙂 

and what should be the print speed

I usually use 35mm/sec and equalize all other speeds like infill, inner wall, outer wall and so on.

Well, -maybe it will help to say that my filament also was out of the box, but this do not mean it is as it should be..

Thanks.