Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
matthiash

Ultimaker is Stuttering and the Y axis belt slips

To be clear: is the belt slipping relative to the pulley. Or the pulley slipping relative to the axis rod that it is on?

If the belt is very loose - have you made sure that the belt is properly routed through the sliding block, and tensioned by tightening the screw on the sliding block, so that it grips the belt tightly?

Sometimes people need to add tensioners to take up some slack in the belt to get better results. But it shouldn't be so bad that the belt slips over the pulley totally.

Perhaps you could add some photos to your gallery (click your name in the top right corner of the screen, then go to My Gallery from the menu that appears) and then add them to your posts in this thread using the 'My Media' link in the post editor? That way we can see what is going on.

Do you mean that the belt isn't getting gripped by the pulley so that it's slipping over the groves? Probably a stupid question but have you checked to see that the belt or pulley isn't damaged in some way and that the grooves in the pulley are clean?

Also, what is the belt tension like? If you push the head to a corner and then pluck on the belt like you were playing a guitar, does it give off a bit of a "pong"? If the belt is very slack I imagine it could slip and would need to be tensioned. It shouldn't be that way from the start though, if it is there's something wrong with it.

Here's a video showing what the tension should be like: