Ultimate 2 base plate not reaching nozzle

KarenB

Posted · Ultimate 2 base plate not reaching nozzle

I'm a beginner! No wait, I need help. LOL

I try to load a "plug in" and the base plate does not go all the way up to the nozzle. It ends up just going willie nillie on me.

I bought this printer so I could make masks for family, not having any luck when I load the file. I've tried 4 times with same result. 

Thanks for any help. Oh, please remember, I am learning. Did I say I received this machine......yesterday.

KarenB

MPMU_medium_rowan3dprintedmask_v4.1 Cura.gcode

Tell me what you mean by "plug in".

Please include the project file.  In cura do "file save" and it will create a "3mf" file that will include your model and all your printer settings and your profile settings and everything (so if your model is very private then don't do this!).

When you say "ultimate 2" do you mean ultimaker 2?  If so then your problem is most likely that you need to do the "bed leveling" procedure again:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011930859

Also pictures are usually helpful when explaining things.  Although "base plate does not go all the way up to the nozzle" seems pretty clear I suppose.

No, this is a Monoprice Ultimate 2. 

I think I'm going to box it up and send it back to them. After first 5 prints (longest being almost 6 hours) I haven't been able to get this darn thing to print at all. 

What is a good and simple printer to use. I paid $549 for this thing.

At under $600 stick with Creality - their quality is reasonable and their prices are crazy low.  But 3d printers are nothing like 2d printers.  They have a learning curve. They are more like buying a cnc milling machine.