Cura Ruins My Prints

DarRAven

Posted · Cura Ruins My Prints

I tried to print baby yoda model on Thingiverse (by MarVin Miniatures) and failed 2 times I used tree supports 0.12mm layer height 60mm/s speed and when it reached the head of yoda it started moving the x and y randomly and retracting the filament lastly lowered the extruder and melted the parts that it has printed. I thought that gcode is broken and resliced and it happened again at the very beginning. 

I am using cura 4.5 now.

here is the gcode of last ruined print

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 13.34.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 13.34.15 (1).jpeg

CFFFP_Baby_Yoda_v2.gcode

I can't interprete gcode and can't verify it. But in Cura's layer-view you can see which traject the nozzle is going to follow. If Cura is at error, then you should see those erratic movements in the preview to. Before saving any gcode, you should always inspect the preview. Does it show those problems too?

I rather think that, depending on your machine and file-transfer method, the memory card is defect, or the file is corrupted, or the card's connector is dirty, or the USB-stick is defect or corrupt, or the communication gets interrupted or corrupted if via network or USB-cable, or the computer is too busy doing other things, etc. Something along that line of thinking...

Posted (edited) · Cura Ruins My Prints

But it is making those movement consciously I checked the travel movements and saw this it is the slicers fault.I have this fault on Cura preview too

Adsız.jpg

Edited by DarRAven

Hi DarRAven,

Cura do not want show this model due to some references moving the extruder far outside the printer area, this go down and up and start approx where your print fails.  In S3D this can be observed.

Try to make a new download of the model again, try open the gcode file in Cura and if it open it is Ok.

If not do not try printing it. -Are you using Cura for slicing??

Thanks

Torgeir

Posted (edited) · Cura Ruins My Prints

So, what version of Cura did you use?

Is this gcode file the one on the SD card, -or is it from a "saved file" on the PC?

Have never seen Cura doing such an erratic movement outside the printing "box".

So if this is a copy from the SD card as @geert_2 assumed, this is probably your problem. This SD card/card adapter have had some issues.. 

Thanks

Edited by Torgeir
    error in text.

Yep - the file is damaged somehow. It contains non-ASCII characters - blame the SD card! 🧐

grafik.thumb.png.1c0f4056c097e16d3a64e94f8154d24e.png

• Like 1

Okay Thank all of you so much I will change my sd card.

If you would have compressed air, also blow out the SD-card slots in the computer and printer. Often hairs or dirt get in there, causing bad contacts and thereby similar problems, resulting in corrupt files.