Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Posted · PETG on UM3, not in cura?

So, i've never done any modding via 'developer' mode on my UM3, nor have i done much more than 'look around' at the Cura online settings... and tried a few times (with mixed results) in making my own material settings for Cura.

Lately however, i've noticed this oddity: When changing filament spools on my UM3, it asks for the new type (after the RFID fails to detect the spool), and i can choose "PETG".  However, no where in Cura that i can find, does it have an option to select "PETG", unless i load the esun profile from the marketplace.

What's up Ultimaker? Couldn't be bothered to copy/paste a few lines of code?

Or is there some secret magic that lets Cura force-send that profile to the ultimaker?

It's been years, this is getting tiresome...

No, what i'm trying to figure out is why the same company that makes my 3d printer, and the recommended slicer, seems to have firmware for PETG in the printer, but not their software.

There is no PETG material in the printer, only CPE which is very similar to PETG. So if you have PETG in the material list on your printer you or someone else has installed a custom or 3rd party material profile in the past via Cura.

If that's true, how would i have sent the material profile to my printer, so that i can repeat the instance?

I see PETG Generic in both my s5 and my s3, The s5 i might have once added a PETG profile from the market place to Cura, but that's not something i have done in the limited time i have had the s3 and the only profiles from market place i have added to cura now days are ColorFabb wood fill, color on demand pla and XT-CF20

Strange, I don't have PETG, not on the S5, the S3 or the UM3. I am on the latest firmware wit all printers.

That you have the material on the S3 is ok, as soon as you connect it with Cura the "missing" profiles are transferred. So in your case there must be a custom material with the material type PETG in Cura.