I'm unable to print this

sabbot

Posted · I'm unable to print this

Hi, I'm new to 3d printing. I use Ender 3 pro. I tried to print this ring with 0% infill, print speed of 30mm/s, resolution of 0.35. The extruder temperature was 210 degree celsius and bed temperature was 70 degree celsius. I'm totally unaware, what actually went wrong. My printer started printing something box like substance. I was using PLA+ filament. Please help to improve this. Thanks in advance.

1.JPG

I have just sliced that STL in Cura with the ender 3 printer profile and it looks fine, i dont have a ender 3 so i can not test print, but all the gcodes fine so it should print fine.

Might be a good idea to try another sd card and reslice the file if you print via sd card just incase you got a problem with the sd card, as the file and slice from cura all look fine.

Posted (edited) · I'm unable to print this

Do you have a photo of what was actually printed?  STL-file is ok, no problems with slicing in Cura.

Will give it a go on my Ender 3 Pro, there are many settings you are printing with that are unknown to us... Wall Thickness, Bottom/Top Thickness etc.

Printer is running now with 0.28 layer height, 30mm/sec. 0% infill...  I would suggest to print smaller layer height to get better result (takes a little more time to print)...

But you definitely need support to print it in this orientation. 

Edited by Mari

... needs a bit of sanding to smooth down the left over pieces of support...

2020-08-02 11.18.58.jpg

2020-08-02 11.19.47.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mari said:

... needs a bit of sanding to smooth down the left over pieces of support...

2020-08-02 11.18.58.jpg

2020-08-02 11.19.47.jpg

What was the wall height? By the way thanks for experimental printing.

All settings I used...

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

08.png

@Mari thank you so much. I'll surely give it another try.