loose axis

aag

The UMS5 has a black thingy (don't know how it's called) into which the axis snaps. It no longer snaps though. Maybe the side retainers (made of plastic) are worn. Might somebody explain to me how to remove and replace it? 🙂
I would be immensely grateful!

Inked20200822_182136_LI.jpg

Yes, any preferred reseller should be able to provide new sliding blocks. As for instructions, there is a Video from FBRC8,

which shows how to assemble the sliding blocks. Changing the block shells in-situ is possible but does not work that well as with removing the axes.

• Like 2

Posted · loose axis

Thank you, this is very helpful! However, it begs the question of what is the least-cumbersome way to remove the guiding bars. I guess that it is probably best to

• first uninstall the the printhead and its axes
    • then unscrew the side walls in order to take off the guiding bars
    • then remove one cogwheel from the guiding bar,
    • then slide in the black slider?

right? 🙂

The guide bars aren't too bad--a little finicky. They are held in place with the set screws on the pulleys, so if you loosen those, you can pull the guide bars out. I've got instructions here on removing and reinstalling the belts. Make sure all the pulleys and spacers are in the right spots when you reassemble the belts onto the rods.

Posted · loose axis

Thanks a million Erin!!! BTW, may I accede to your kind help again with a related question? Since a few days, the S% is making rattling noises. Rat-rat-rat-rat-rat-rat at approx. 2-3 Hz frequency. It seems to come from the upper front-left corner, maybe from a pulley. Does this ring any bell?

Glad to help. Could you post a video of the noise you're hearing? You could get a noise if the pulleys aren't flush to the wall--it would make the rod slide back and forward. 

Posted · loose axis

Thanks. Here we go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5840y68p3322ek/2020-08-25 16.53.26.mp4

The rattling noise comes during movements along the Y-axis (not the X-axis), and it is audible during unidirectional movement. Therefore, I don't think it's a loose rod.

Hi,

it sounds a bit like active levelling.

If you touch the z-screw, (where you can reach it best without interfering the moving parts, maybe somewhere under the z-table, maybe on the top of the z-screw) you may feel it move while this rattling noise happens.

If that's the case, your build platform is -a bit- out of level, causing the active levelling system to compensate this on the first few layers of your print.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi aag,

This seems to be created when the Y axe movement fwd/aft. Just like a belt is trying to climb on a pulley(?)

You'll normally see some rubber collected up on the floor in one of the four corners, -typically remains of black rubber partickles.

But I'll guess it's like Erin suggested, the short belt for the Y stepper..  So inner left corner..

Thanks

Good luck

Torgeir