Cura 4.6.1. Slicing Problem

gianluca2021

Posted · Cura 4.6.1. Slicing Problem

It's possible the STL file has too many millions of triangles in it.  How big is the STL file?  Try setting layer height to 1mm (just to speed things up as a test - fewer layers I assume needs less memory).

So strange!!  500kb doesn't sound large for an STL.

I'm thinking it has nothing to do with your model.  Let me try to slice it.  Please post your *project* file.  not your STL.  The project file contains your STL and all settings and position of the STL and your machine settings and much more.

Do "file" "save..." and post the file.

That 3mf file is corrupt.  Cura wouldn't open it.  I renamed it to test.zip and unzip said it was corrupt (3mf files are actually zip files).

Could you try again?  In cura get the problem to happen then do "file" "save..." and post that file.

And send me a direct message - it took me 3 days to notice you replied (sorry!).

hello sorry, I'm sending you another file, of a model with I can't print, thank you very much

AU30_TabletStandV4a.3mf

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.6.1. Slicing Problem

@gianluca2021 - Is this still the "won't slice" problem?  It opened for me (4.8), the model appears to be OK, and it sliced as it should.

(There are things in the settings I would do differently, but that is just personal preference.  It would certainly print as you have it set up.)

EDIT:  I exported the model from Cura, opened the file in 3dBuilder, and it did some repair work.  Attached is the "repaired" file with the model only.

TabletStandV4a.3mf

Edited by GregValiant

does not do the slicing 😞 remains blocked, on another pc with the same care and settings instead it works, but why does some slicing on this pc not perform them?

What operating system is the PC that doesn't slice?  Have you tried re-installing Cura?

It slices just fine for me also.  So your model is fine.

I would try rebooting the computer where it wasn't slicing.  If that doesn't work I'd try TOTAL remove of Cura which is not easy to do.  You have to remove all "user" files.  Which is different for different operating systems.

157 / 5000

Risultati della traduzione

on the two PCs I have windows 7 pro and the latest version of cure just installed, I have already removed and reinstalled everything but on this pc some models do not slicing.... 😞

You could install an old version of Cura such as version 15.04.5:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/tags?after=lulzbot-17.11

That version should use much less memory and was a very solid version with I think zero bugs.  It has fewer features but it creates excellent prints.

thanks, I have complex printouts with functions that this version has not integrated 😞
    this version you sent me, however, is not for windows, how do i run it? thank you

?? Are you saying cura 15.04.5 doesn't run on windows?  I've used it for years on windows but it might not work on windows 10 I suppose.  It's from 2015. (the 15.04 in the version is the year and month it was released).  I'm pretty sure cura 15.X runs on windows 7 - I'm 90% sure I had windows 7 on my computer that died last year and 90% sure I ran cura 15.X on it.

Hi @gianluca2021,

gr5 is 100% right and here it is in Windows 10/64 pro version:

Wing_Cura_15_04_5.thumb.jpg.97759a66f874e849c0ee3e3af9617587.jpg

This is all the wing sections of a RC (radio controlled) aircraft with wing span 1.60 meter.

Sliced with Cura 15.04.5 (observe in the upper left corner).

I've used this version since I started with 3D printing..

Thanks

Torgeir

I seem to recall that Win 7 Pro came in 32 and 64 bit flavors.  I'm limited to Cura 2.3 on my 32 bit desktop.  The SmartAvionics Master version has a 32 bit version and I have that installed as well.

thanks I try again but I can't find the executable file, can you help me? thank you
    I use windows7 pro 64 bit

For the 64 bit version you can stick with mainstream Cura 4.8.

thanks everyone for your help, I solved it, it was a firewall problem, with some models it was blocking something, I removed and reinstalled zonealarm and now it works fine, can I ask for another help to print the FLEX? thank you

thank you