Cura Doesn't start

EnderPro3_EMR

Posted · Cura Doesn't start

It could be an issue with the drivers for your GPU. What GPU do you have? Can you check if you have the latest version of the driver for the GPU installed?

I'm having the same issue it installed without flaw but will not run after selecting printer

I have tried all solutions mentioned in different posts with no luck

i even tried uninstalling then deleting all things cura from hdd and registry

then restarting computer  then reinstalling first 4.8 no luck so again uninstalling

reboot laptop  installing 4.9 same problems

my laptop has two gpu (intel uhd 630 and nvidia geforce gtx 1050)

32gb memory

512gb intel 660 nvme ssd

windows 10 preview 21364.1000

Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 321.9601.0.3(cura worked before this upgrade)

included file : cura.log

cannot figure out problem

cura.log

If you are willing to clean out all your settings then try this:

exit cura, delete everything in this folder and then restart cura:

C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\

Posted (edited) · Cura Doesn't start
    On 4/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, gr5 said:

If you are willing to clean out all your settings then try this:

exit cura, delete everything in this folder and then restart cura:

C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\

did that. in my C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\ i found a version number that did not make sense- 0.0

but cura 4.8 not starting 4.9 starts but stops at loading machine

Edited by dreadylock
    forgot to type still not working

The 0.0 folder is probably from an Arachne build (alpha or beta).

Did you delete that 0.0 folder?

yes i did but it just made things worst cura4.8 loads really slow it took more than an hour to get to where i can load an stl but then stops responding another hour and i try slicing crash  message from windows cura has stop responding end task or wait for app to respond ,after clicking wait for app to respond another hour it starts slicing then same windows message so i click end task

think i'll remove and just use prusa maybe i'll try again when new version probably fixes these problems

THANKS for responding

When Cura is that slow it's usually because it is looking at some device:  try unplugging any and all USB devices, serial ports, make sure you only have one monitor plugged in, disconnect external drives, network drives, USB flash drives, uSD cards, etc (cura looks for all of those), disable all security products like firewalls.

Oh - and your lan.  And the internet.  Unplug from the network (just to see if that fixes the issue).

Often it's one of the above things that causes the problem.  If it is fixed then you can start plugging things back in to find out which one causes the problem.

i have done all this already . it seems I'm not the only one having these problems

i like cura the best slicing app but it does not work any more so i have remove it and all instances on my laptop

I'll check back in a month to see if it is fixed but for now I'll work with something else

Thanks for all the help you have given me i look forward to using it when it's fixed

hi just a quick question does cura use .net?

Sameeeee

It was working fine in the morning.

When i try to open new stl file it won't

meanwhile stl file i opened in the morning was fine till I closed the window....

I don't know about .net.  I doubt it.  The slicer is mostly pure C++ and the GUI portion is I think in qt and python.  I don't know if qt uses .net but I doubt it.  But basically I don't know the answer.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:54 AM, dreadylock said:

hi just a quick question does cura use .net?

No.

14 hours ago, gr5 said:

the GUI portion is I think in qt maybe (and c++ based I think?)

The GUI is Python and Qt. A big part of the Qt-based interface is QML, which includes javascript for part of the logic. But no .net.

Solve I got it. was having the same problem.

1- I opened the program, and closed it right away, before it crashed (when selecting my printer).

2- open the program again and select the first printer (Ultimaker S5), then start the program;

3- modify the printer for its parameters (plate size, temperature, etc.)