Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

We want to learn about your Cura workflows!

Posted · We want to learn about your Cura workflows!

We want to learn about your Cura workflows!

The Cura team is continuously working to improve the products and make your 3d printing workflow as smooth as possible.

As part of this continual quest to improve the product, we would like to interview some users on their experience with the software and the rest of the Ultimaker platform.

We are particularly looking for people who have expertise or something to say on these 3 topics:

1)    Network connected printers
2)    Advanced workflows going from CAD to Cura (Custom support, mesh modifiers, multi material assemblies )
3)    Ultimaker Digital Library

Do you want to share your honest feedback with members of the Cura team on one of the 3 topics listed above? 

Please leave a comment below shortly introducing yourself and your experience with Cura. Don't forget to mention you experience with one of the interview topics listed above.

We will then send you a message with more information on how to schedule a video call with us in June 2021.
Looking forward to learning from your experience with Cura.

Lorenzo Romagnoli
UX designer  -  Cura team

• Like 3

Hi, 

I have a suggestion to improve cura. I work with a lot of different materials and I would like to save all of my different settings I have for my matirials so I don't have to constantly change them when I change to different matirial. 

Thank you for taking time to read this. 

Posted (edited) · We want to learn about your Cura workflows!

I'm game, but I have not used the Digital Library yet. But I know all about connecting printers via the network, be it via Ultimaker Connect or OctoPrint.

Edited by ahoeben
    On 6/27/2021 at 10:20 AM, Marko666 said:

I have a suggestion to improve cura. I work with a lot of different materials and I would like to (...)

Posting your feature suggestion here will not get it seen by the people who would decide if this feature gets implemented.

You may be interested in the "Material Settings" plugin that is available in the Marketplace, which lets you select what settings can be set in the Materials preference pane.

Hey @ahoeben! Thanks a lot for volunteering. Do you regularly user Ultimaker 3d printers using Connect?

I have an Ultimaker S5 that does most of my printing. I don't use the Ultimaker Cloud much though; only local connection and monitoring (and remote via VPN).

• Like 1
    1 minute ago, ahoeben said:

I have an Ultimaker S5 that does most of my printing. I don't use the Ultimaker Cloud much though; only local connection and monitoring (and remote via VPN).

Awesome! I'd love to hear about your experience with it! I'll send you a link to schedule a session.