Ultimaker Cura 4.10 beta

fvrmr

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.10 beta

Hi all,

Today we release Ultimaker Cura 4.10 beta. The spotlight for Ultimaker Cura 4.10 beta is on Ultimaker Professional and Ultimaker Excellence subscribers. You can now import CAD files directly into Ultimaker Cura. This provides users with an even more effective workflow by boosting productivity and increasing first time right results.

Enable this feature by downloading Ultimaker Cura 4.10 beta and the Native CAD import plugin from the Ultimaker Marketplace. Read more

The following improvements and bug fixes are also available in Ultimaker Cura 4.10 beta:

New features:

• Flow visualisation
    In preview mode you can now visualize the flow.
968803951_Screenshot(199).thumb.png.bdb921be3b1b85ab8820c7d0dc20a21d.png
Contributed by khani3s

• Added another set of third party hardware definitions, and updated others to improve accessibility.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed authentication issues when logging into UM account. Contributed by fieldOfView.

• Fixed a bug where Cura crashes when scaling a model on Linux.

• Fixed a bug where a model is partially below build plate if center selected model is used.

• Fixed a bug when using right to left language, numbers were overlaying on text in the print settings.

Read here more bug fixes and new features. 

Download the beta now!

Really looking forward to hear from you, you can leave your feedback in the comments below or on Github.

Please, be aware that after version 4.10 Ultimaker Cura will only be supported on operating systems actively maintained by their software manufacturer or community. This means Windows 7 and MacOS 10.13 will no longer be supported. Technically this means Ultimaker will stop testing and developing for such operating systems. However, even though it is no longer supported, there is still a high likelihood the application keeps functioning.

• Like 2

Since I don't have an Ultimaker Professional account, how is the "native" plugin that you still have to download from the marketplace different from the @thopiekar plugins that are available from the same marketplace?

The plugins from topikar only support loading a single file from an assembly and require solidworks (or others) to be installed.

The plugin we built has everything integrated. In the future we will also be adding more functionality to it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.10 beta
    On 6/25/2021 at 7:45 PM, LePaul said:

Is Sidebar supported in Enterprise

Not as far as I know. But an updated version of the plugin supporting Cura 4.10 is now available in the Marketplace.

Edited by ahoeben

I hope it appears in Enterprise since that’s what I use most

Also, I sent you some emails recently. Still waiting to hear from you.  Thanks!

On 6/26/2021 at 8:40 PM, LePaul said:

Also, I sent you some emails recently. Still waiting to hear from you.

I'm sorry, please resend them.