UMS3 - mystery CRrRRrIk! Sound

broseph

Posted (edited) · UMS3 - mystery CRrRRrIk! Sound

Hey all,

I’m getting a loud “CRRRRIK!” Noise in my relatively new UM3.

the noise happens when the lifter switch lifts the support head.

Sounds like gears grinding almost. The sound seems to be getting louder, but not sure what it is. 

any thoughts on what I should look at? 

Edited by broseph

Posted · UMS3 - mystery CRrRRrIk! Sound

Hey @Torgeir!

I’ve got a video on my phone - sorry couldn’t figure out how to post it.

i have the support material out of the machine and if I flip the switch by hand there’s no noise.

ill keep working on getting the video on here 

Hi,

possibly the lift switch is grinding at the sliding block (check for traces). To avoid this you could do the lift switch calibration procedure, but instead of fully seating the lift switch in the switching bay while calibrating, you could back it out just 1mm to prevent touching the sliding block.

Regards

2 minutes ago, broseph said:

what’s the best way to post a video here?

The most common ways are posting a youtube-link (will be automatically embedded) or a cloud link.

Hello

Practically, I would calibrate the head change in any case. It was originally set a bit hard on my printer.

As far as I know, the printers are tapped together manually. There can be differences.

I would calibrate sooner rather than later. This can lead to the lifting spring jumping out of its anchorage. Unfortunately, this means dismantling the printhead.

The calibration can theoretically be found under Maintenance -> Head (as far as I remember).

Many greetings