new gcodes do not extrude

Shoulkion

Posted · new gcodes do not extrude

For some reason gcodes from the new version of Cura do not cause my Ender 3 to extrude when unplugged from the computer and when plugged in neither new nor old ones do. 

I just changed to Marlin flavor and unsure if I'm missing a setting or what I have done wrong to cause it to not extrude at all. 

Posted (edited) · new gcodes do not extrude

I had already had the Ender 3 installed and selected but just to make sure I added and activated a new one with Ender 3 selected again.  I also have Marlin selected not the volumetric one. With all this it did not work.

On the "E in mm3" I can't find that anywhere on my LCD or on my computer.

Edited by Shoulkion

A 3mf project file contains your printer, your settings, and the model and is good for debugging.

STL is the most popular model format.

How do I give you the .3mf?

In cura do "file" "save project" and then post that file here.  The project file will contain your model and settings and printer settings and model position, scale, everything needed for us to do the same slicing that you are doing.

Well that's a plain Jane Ender much like mine.  I'm sure if I was to print that mini that it would print fine.  I'm in the middle of a long print though.

I think something is in error with the printer.  The number 1 problem is a nozzle too close to the bed so the plastic can't escape.  The main symptom is that the extruder will click as it misses steps.

I'm attaching a gcode file that I used my Ender 3 Pro as the printer which allowed me to use my own profile.  The machines are functionally identical so this should print fine on your machine.

(The start will be slightly different as I have a modified startup gcode - but the print is the print.)

Shoulkion.gcode

I got it figured out! not sure if the nozzle was clogged or what but that print you sent did work and now my prints are working.  sorry for bugging you and thanks for the help!

• Like 1