Cannot connect to networked S5 from Cura but can view print queue from web browser

sjolly

Posted · Cannot connect to networked S5 from Cura but can view print queue from web browser

I'm having a curious issue with a 6 month old Ultimaker S5. Until yesterday I could submit all my prints from Cura over the network. Today it stopped working. The printer is still networked and I can connect to it via a web browser to view the current print — including the live webcam view — plus the print queue. But I cannot do the same from Cura, nor find the printer when searching.

So I'm a bit stumped as nothing as changed in our configuration as far as I can see. But from both Mac and Windows I have the same issue: both are running Cura 4.11.

How do I resolve this?

Posted · Cannot connect to networked S5 from Cura but can view print queue from web browser

There is an issue that was fixed about a year ago and it actually makes sense to have started recently (maybe).  What version is your S5 firmware?

The S5 firmware is version 6.1.1.

Good news though: the printer seems to have come back to life! Or maybe never went away...

I tried connecting again to the printer from both my Windows PC and my Mac and…nothing. Could still see it in the web browser but absolutely nothing from Cura. So I updated Cura from 4.11 to 5.0 on my Mac and…still nothing. Manage printer? No, nothing showing up. Add printer? No printers listed. But it does then give you the option to add one by IP address. And since I know the IP address…

Voila! Back it comes! And on the old version of Cura as well as the new one. So I’m no nearer to understanding what the hell has happened but just glad to start abusing the print queue again…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this is an issue we encounter as well around 1 to 2 times a month, pretty easy to solve for us at least,

Just turn of the printer and turn it back on around 20sec later, restart Cura after that and there is the printer again.

I always thought it was due to the IT security but perhaps a issue with the S5 it self.