Usage Tracking across Ultimaker range?

GaryBuller

Posted · Usage Tracking across Ultimaker range?

Hello all,

First post so happy to be here!

I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether it is possible to track usage time (hours/days etc.) of an Ultimaker easily- within settings or another menu perhaps?

I have a small fleet of different Ultimakers and I’m often asked for usage stats- in the same way we track prints on a plotter. I’m currently having to manually track each job which is very difficult. It would be so much easier if I could go into any given Ultimaker, enter a menu and see usage time.

The only trick I know is to go to each printer and go to "maintenance" menu and in there you can see the usage statistics for each core.  Unfortunately if you change cores a lot, this information is almost useless.  Personally I have multiple printers and I keep the cores for each printer in a bag with that printer and never swap cores among printers (and some cores only ever go in left slot the rest only ever in right slot).  So I can insert each core and read off the statistics.  I know most people don't do this.

23 hours ago, gr5 said:

The only trick I know is to go to each printer and go to "maintenance" menu and in there you can see the usage statistics for each core.  Unfortunately if you change cores a lot, this information is almost useless.  Personally I have multiple printers and I keep the cores for each printer in a bag with that printer and never swap cores among printers (and some cores only ever go in left slot the rest only ever in right slot).  So I can insert each core and read off the statistics.  I know most people don't do this.

Thank you anyway! G

Hi,

if you're running UM3s or S-line printers connected to your network, you could also refer to the printer's API (entering the printer's IP-adress in your browser). In the statistics tab there's much information about successful and aborted print jobs, used materials and material combinations etc.

Regards

12 hours ago, gr5 said:

Does it do total printed material?  Is that included?

You have both an UM3 and an S5, you could just take a look 😉

Go here: http://IP-OF-PRINTER/analytics and at the bottom you can download a CSV-file with all the stats. Example (these are not the only columns of data)image.thumb.png.5d7e3983802c842da37cf70046a3ac5c.png

If you use Ultimaker Digital Factory, you can download a file for all printers together (menu 'Print Jobs' and then the 3-dot-menu on top right).

@IRobertI and @Dim3nsioneer already answered faster than me. The only problem I see with these data is that they are deleted by a factory reset, a DF-Reset or the unbricking procedure.

On 8/1/2022 at 9:57 AM, GaryBuller said:

Hello all,

First post so happy to be here!

I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether it is possible to track usage time (hours/days etc.) of an Ultimaker easily- within settings or another menu perhaps?

I have a small fleet of different Ultimakers and I’m often asked for usage stats- in the same way we track prints on a plotter. I’m currently having to manually track each job which is very difficult. It would be so much easier if I could go into any given Ultimaker, enter a menu and see usage time.

In the Marketplace upper right there is an addon called Material cost tool I'm not sure if it will help