Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Dim3nsioneer

Gallery upload not working?

Has anyone recently uploaded any image to the gallery? I just get a server error message... for any picture, with both uploaders, for Firefox and IE (yes, if you're very desperate, you even try IE...)

edit: I was able to create new empty albums...

@shadowfiend: Click on the gallery link on the left of your screen, on the new page you click the blue "Upload" button towards the top right. From there just follow the instructions.

Once you've uploaded your images you can start a new post. When writing the post there's a toolbar above the area where you type in your post. Click on the "My media" button and a popup will be shown, click on the "Gallery images" link on the left and your images should show. Click on the ones you want to insert and then click on "Finished".

edit: Now that I think about it,there might be a minimum post restriction on picture upload. Not sure though.

edit2: Just checked and yes there is. I wonder if we should remove that restriction, hmm...

Hi IRobertI,

Thanks for your reply,

I have looked and looked in every place but I cannot see an upload button :c/

What is the url to the page where the upload button is?

I will try uploading to an external site and link to it toningt and see how I get on.

Really appreciate your help though :c)

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I've looked in both places and they are not there, I'm guessing that they have not been enabled because I'm a new user or something like that. I would post screenshots but, well you know the rest ;c)

What I am seeing is this text above this posting window:-

'You can make 18 more posts until Today, 11:40 PM. This restriction is in place until you have 23 more approved posts

This post will need approval from a moderator before it is shown. This restriction will be lifted when you have 1 more approved posts'

Perhaps this image upload restriction will be lifted after this post?

Letts see what happens :c)

Thanks guys.

I just checked and your account isn't validated. Did you lie or mistype your email? Please validate your account first and then you can post images. The validation involves an email process. Maybe the email got sent to your spam folder.

@shadowfiend: Click on the gallery link on the left of your screen, on the new page you click the blue "Upload" button towards the top right. From there just follow the instructions.

Hi Robert,

The right-hand button you refer to is now (3 years later) called "Upload 3D Print" - that's maybe confusing for newbies. Perhaps UM could get their webmaster to change that to "Upload 3D Print and/or Image". Syntax is all-important.