Gallery upload not working?

Dim3nsioneer

Posted · Gallery upload not working?

Has anyone recently uploaded any image to the gallery? I just get a server error message... for any picture, with both uploaders, for Firefox and IE (yes, if you're very desperate, you even try IE...)

edit: I was able to create new empty albums...

Hey same here... can't upload :(

Edited: Error The server returned an error during upload

Weird. There doesn't seem to be a permission issue at least, I looked through the permissions for the "Member" group and you still have full access to the gallery. I'll see if I can send it up the chain.

Ok, now I'm getting it as well. I just created a private album and was not able to upload images to it. I've contacted Ultimaker about it.

disk full?

Ok, now I'm getting it as well. I just created a private album and was not able to upload images to it. I've contacted Ultimaker about it.

Thank you!

disk full?

Probably...

It seems to work again - I just uploaded successfully three pictures...

Hi Guys! I am brand new here and have spent the last 2 hours trying to even find out how to upload photos, without sucess.

I see that there is an issue, so I don't feel quite so silly now ;c)

Obviously the techno gremlins are out to play!

@shadowfiend: Click on the gallery link on the left of your screen, on the new page you click the blue "Upload" button towards the top right. From there just follow the instructions.

Once you've uploaded your images you can start a new post. When writing the post there's a toolbar above the area where you type in your post. Click on the "My media" button and a popup will be shown, click on the "Gallery images" link on the left and your images should show. Click on the ones you want to insert and then click on "Finished".

edit: Now that I think about it,there might be a minimum post restriction on picture upload. Not sure though.

edit2: Just checked and yes there is. I wonder if we should remove that restriction, hmm...

Uploading images to this site really does suck :p

No argument here... They really managed to make it convoluted. You can of course use external hosting sites as well but you know how that goes, after a few months there will be a bunch of threads without pictures and that sucks.

Hi IRobertI,

Thanks for your reply,

I have looked and looked in every place but I cannot see an upload button :c/

What is the url to the page where the upload button is?

I will try uploading to an external site and link to it toningt and see how I get on.

Really appreciate your help though :c)

Thanks.

On the top left corner of THIS PAGE look for "gallery" link. Once there the upload button is HUGE.

Shadow, I uploaded mine by clicking on my name at the very top of this page and then clicking " My Gallery ". You get an upload button there too where you can create a gallery section.

Hi guys,

I've looked in both places and they are not there, I'm guessing that they have not been enabled because I'm a new user or something like that. I would post screenshots but, well you know the rest ;c)

What I am seeing is this text above this posting window:-

'You can make 18 more posts until Today, 11:40 PM. This restriction is in place until you have 23 more approved posts

This post will need approval from a moderator before it is shown. This restriction will be lifted when you have 1 more approved posts'

Perhaps this image upload restriction will be lifted after this post?

Letts see what happens :c)

Thanks guys.

I just checked and your account isn't validated. Did you lie or mistype your email? Please validate your account first and then you can post images. The validation involves an email process. Maybe the email got sent to your spam folder.

Ahh! Thanks gr5, I will try that now. I have had the account open for ages but only just got round to posting :c)

CHEERS :c)

Hurray!!!

I can see the upload button now :-P

Thanks times by millions :cool: :cool: :cool:

Oh and check out my post in the modifications forum :c)

I forgot how to reach the Gallery page ???

@shadowfiend: Click on the gallery link on the left of your screen, on the new page you click the blue "Upload" button towards the top right. From there just follow the instructions.

Hi Robert,

The right-hand button you refer to is now (3 years later) called "Upload 3D Print" - that's maybe confusing for newbies. Perhaps UM could get their webmaster to change that to "Upload 3D Print and/or Image". Syntax is all-important.